1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by CarlV, Jan 22, 2006.

1. eddieavpro

eddieavpro New Member

I'm looking for a 2 channel amp to drive B&W 802's... I'm happy to buy used. Suggestions?

2. rick morty

rick morty Member

I have had these two pieces of used gear since 1982 and they have been completely refurbish once and they are still going strong.
    IMG_2143.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG

I still love their sound.

DogsPart2 likes this.
  3. revenoor

revenoor Active Member

I want an 8207 (be not photo dude, me; C2500 / MEN220 / MC275MK VI and MX151)
    Mc Stack_2.jpg
    Room_1.jpg

Attached Files:

4. ossidian

ossidian Active Member

Attached Files:

5. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

Wow - MC2000! Those don't come up for sale very often, let alone on CL.

6. ossidian

ossidian Active Member

Had to sell my McIntosh MC2102 to buy the MC2000, but am really happy with decision. Just put in new tubes a few hours ago. Putting in new led bulbs tomorrow as the bulbs are bad. Original tubes were in the unit but they were long in the tooth.

damacman likes this.
  7. gbkirsch

gbkirsch Active Member

That's amazing! Good score!!

8. VintagePlus

VintagePlus Mcintosh and B&W Subscriber

Mcintosh MC 452.... make the investment and never look back!

kevzep likes this.
  9. TomA

TomA New Member

I was lucky to get an MC2255 amp. With my MX110 , its a combo " made in heaven".
    Sounds really fantastic, warm und full, its a pleasure to hear music with this.
    Before I had an MC2505, not bad, but the MC2255 makes a huge difference.
    Tom
    image.jpeg

'cisco, L-82, ossidian and 2 others like this.
  10. cnolanh

cnolanh Ad astra Subscriber

Recently picked up an MC2150 (one of only 390 made) which sounds wonderful mated with either a C33 or an MX117.

11. TomA

TomA New Member

Yes, MX117 is nice too, sounds good with MC 60 tube amps.
    image.jpeg

12. rob cromar

rob cromar New Member

Hello - I'm new to this site and forum - first post

I just had McIntosh equipment handed down to me from my uncle:
    • MX115 FM Tuner/Preamp - mint condition - needed controls deoxidized. Installed LED panel lights. works perfect.
    • MC 2505 50w/ch SS Power Amp - also mint. Speaker switch replaced. LED panel lights. deoxidize, recalibrate meters, check out. works perfect. tested at 53 wpm <.1 THD
    • I currently have these powering some Bose 901 Series V - actually sounds really good! This is my current everyday system.
    • This equipment was bought used by my uncle in the early 70s. I don't think he ever used it. I think he intended to replace the tube system below with this solid state equipment and never got around to it.
    Complete system (including original console!) - was in the living room of my uncle's house. has been sitting unused for 10+ years. The whole system was bought new by my uncle in 1967.
    • MR65A FM Tuner (have not yet tested, mint condition)
    • C11 Preamp. mint condition. works - currently being recapped, new rectifier, re-tubed. controls deoxidize. should come back at full original specs.
    • MC225 25 w/ch power amp. very good condition. works, but is currently being recapped, new rectifier, re-tubed (still has a couple of McIntosh branded power tubes!) - should come back to full original specs.
    • The system has JBL speakers -- 130A LF driver, 1270-1290 HF driver (the PN might be for the horn/lens assembly) N1200 crossover -- loaded in cabinets that match the console. I'm inclined to think these speakers are not optimally used -- i understand the 130A wants a horn loaded cabinet, and these are not horn loaded. They sound OK, but have a muffled, thin sound quality.
    • System also has a mint Dual 1229 turntable with Shure V15 type III cartridge
    • System is currently disassembled -- will post pictures when all back together (about a month)
    • Other fun facts - I have the original sales slips, the original manuals and schematics. Also, my uncle religiously took the C11 and MC225 to McIntosh amp clinics every couple of years -- so i have several performance reports from late 60's to late 70's. The latest report on the MC225 had a rubber stamped message alerting customers that tubes were getting rarer and more expensive and that McIntosh would likely no longer guarantee tube equipment could be kept up to spec!
    This looks like a great site and resource!

rick morty likes this.
  13. rob cromar

rob cromar New Member

GREAT! I have a MC2505 just like yours. I run it with an MX115 FM Tuner/Preamp -- both perfect and sound great!

rick morty likes this.
  14. Mamrak1

Mamrak1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Currently I am using the Mac C52 preamp and MC52 power amp. I am also considering a Mac CD player or transport for my next purchase.

20161101_135504_001-1.jpg 20160805_173537.jpg 20161101_135504_001-1.jpg 20160805_173537.jpg

'cisco and ossidian like this.
  15. gbkirsch

gbkirsch Active Member

Welcome. Sounds like your uncle thinks a lot of you!

16. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

Added a few really nice super comfy power leather recliners and finished the installation of my new (to me) record / gear cabinet in the family room. I moved the Nak over to the side cabinet, and got the MR75 out of the mothballs. It's nice having a real tuner in this room! The DVR is atop the MR75. 2ch and 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos systems in this room, with the C200 / MC2600s / XRT22s doing double duty.

Here's a few crappy iPad pics. Still got some dusting and organizing yet to do but I'm spent as I spent all yesterday running cables, etc. The short term plan is to move that coffee table into the front room and replace it with a nice area rug. Part of the sectional remains to give the dogs a place to relax as I don't want them on the recliners.

All in all, we're very happy with how the room is shaping up.

Attached Files:

ossidian, L-82, 'cisco and 2 others like this.
  17. Zonker92

Zonker92 All shiny and chrome Subscriber

Here's my MA6600 with a maple cover that I made for it.

_DSC1207-001.JPG

_DSC1267-001.JPG

18. L-82

L-82 Well-Known Member

Nice clean setup, enjoy.

damacman likes this.
  19. L-82

L-82 Well-Known Member

Lol, it's amazing, must sound out of this world

20. gbkirsch

gbkirsch Active Member

Amazing look!