What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by CarlV, Jan 22, 2006.

1. sberger

sberger Hard Core Geezer Subscriber

My latest rig includes a MX110, and a MC250 restored by Audio Classics. Pushing a pair of Klipsch Cornwall II's. Quite happy, to say the least.

[​IMG]

2. TomA

TomA New Member

My little Mcintosh Parade.
    image.jpeg
    I now have MX 110 , MX 113 and MX117 as Preceicer.
    They are connected to an MC2255.
    Everyone of them sounds different,
    but they are all sounding really good.
    I like them all:beerchug:
    Tom

3. FauxHall

FauxHall Super Member

Just getting my MA6200 into play. It sounds great! 1480501484833 (1).jpg DSC_1782.JPG

4. Aloha AC

Aloha AC Member

Greetings Akers...it's been a while since I last post here. First pic is my MC240/MX110 of which I have not been polished or dusted off lately and the second pic is my MC275/C22... Well, both have not been played lately these days as I have been busy tinkering with my cars (my second hobby :)). So my Mc are just mostly being displayed in the house, awaiting the next moment to glow and warm when the surrounding mood is right.

. IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    mrz80, L-82, cnolanh and 3 others like this.
  5. twiiii

twiiii Super Member

Since 2009, Aug, 22, I've added another 207, traded the MAC-3 and MX 119 for a MX 151 and a RFD2. I added a MP100 and have had the C-34V rebuilt. Dynavector 20 X 2 replaced earlier models. The MR 78 was brought out of storage and the MX 120 returned by oldest son. A second Urei crossover was added as was a second Crown EQ 2. There are only 6 Laser discs left. A new MVP 891 was added. Two more Ps4's were added to control more non Mac pieces. Apple TV and Airport express were added feeding the MX 151. new Sennheiser head phones were added. VPI 17.5 was added 2010 while visiting Audio Classics and the Mac Factory. appox 500 LP's have been added since the latest Dynavector update, 20X2. Over 400 Laser discs have been replaced with Blu-rays and standard DVD's.

6. Steffen

Steffen New Member

Hey guys I am planning to build my own wood cases for my mx110z and my mc2105 and are currently looking for panlocs for this models. Does anyone own these two woodcases for this devices and could let me know the exact inside dimensions that I have to mount the panlocs in? (in cm please)
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Regards
    Steven

7. johnwardy

johnwardy New Member

MXA80, my favourite.

8. bastelwut

bastelwut Member

Pre: C11
    Power: MC2505
    Tuner: MX113 (plus additional Inputs ;) )

hell.jpg

ossidian, 'cisco, motorstereo and 3 others like this.
  9. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

Very very nice indeed!

10. Jasonc253

Jasonc253 New Member

Hello all, i have a Mac 1900 and ML-1C speakers. Mac isn't working right now and one of the speakers has a tweeter out but i intend to get them both working at 100%. Got the set in a trade deal for my Alesis DM6 drum kit and i think i made out like a bandit!

20170813_143359.jpg 20170813_144251.jpg 20170813_143428.jpg

ossidian and 'cisco like this.
  11. damacman

Nice gear! There are some drivers for these speakers currently listed on eBay.

Jasonc253 likes this.
  12. c_dk

c_dk Addicted Member

It is also not uncommon for the blocking cap to bust, literally crack length wise in these ML1c speakers. Black 6 mfd...glued to the particle board to which all the xover parts are attached. probably still have a bad dome.....make sure to check the replacements for rattleing also.....

Once you get the woofer pulled out and the board detached post a picture in the regular forum....

Jasonc253 likes this.
  13. Martin 530

Martin 530 New Member

I just picked up a McIntosh Mc 7100 and a c40 to hook it to.
    They are both completely mint but no manuals.
    I downloaded both manuals but still I am confused.
    I don't seemed to be getting anything from the 7100?
    Can any McIntosh experts help me out?

Thanks.

14. damacman

Martin - congratulations, those are very nice pieces. Have you tried headphones in the C40 to be sure you have an audio signal present?

15. gene9p

gene9p New Member

I just added a Mac MC 152 to go along with my C220 tube preamp. I was using a Parasound A21. I will be comparing the two to see how they deliver the goods to my Harbeth compact 7"s.Right off the bat I can tell you the Mac has me raising the volume level quite bit. Using the Parasound I can listen low at 18..regular about 25-30. The Mac, low about 35, not too detailed, regular 38-43. My concern is the higher volume level can create tube noise. Besides the extra power, the Parasound is quite detailed and punchy, the Mac is warmer, smoother., definitely there is a different sound provided by these amps. The Harbeths are 6 ohm speakers so I am swapping terminals on the Mac between the 4 & 8 ohms. cannot say I hear any difference. Of course I am only a few hours into comparing, and the extreme heat here in NY has my AC kicking in so I have to turn it off when it's cool enough so I can listen to the performance of the Mac. I am using balanced cables to the amp even though the C220 is not true balanced from what I understand.

joeinid likes this.
  16. MCD275

MCD275 Active Member

My McIntosh Amps for the last five years

20170503_172902.jpg

20170624_131918.jpg

Now happy forever

17. Martin 530

Martin 530 New Member

Hey another question?
    Trying to pair the new Mc gear with speakers
    Any suggestions.

18. damacman

Altec 14s
    B&W DM . . . anything
    Polk Monitor Series (5, 7, or 10)
    McIntosh XRT18

Martin 530 likes this.
  19. Martin 530

Martin 530 New Member

I have the Polk 5 series
    My friend is giving me his mint Pioneer Hpm 100 (200 watt)
    Do you think it will match well with the C40 and the Mc 7100?

20. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

^^^^^I'm thinking the C40-MC7100 combination will make the hpm100's sound as good as they're capable of sounding:)

Martin 530 likes this.