What Media did you last purchase??

"Ellington at Newport" on CD. Traded in books at the local swap shop; I guess that counts!

Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss

VHS

Kind of a rare Disney Channel movie, hopefully it's in decent shape for viewing.

The Blob (1958) on Blu-ray. Some of the effects are a bit cheesy but this is actually a really good sci-fi/horror film. The many location shots give it a real 1950's atmosphere.

53721_large.jpg

The Blob (1958) on Blu-ray. Some of the effects are a bit cheesy but this is actually a really good sci-fi/horror film. The many location shots give it a real 1950's atmosphere.

53721_large.jpg

One of my favourite "monster" films.

Young Frankenstein on DVD for $5 shipped - R.I.P. Gene Wilder.
Halt and Catch Fire, season 1 for $15 shipped (3 discs, on BluRay).
We watched the first 4 eps (of 10) last night and enjoyed it.
The problem is I have not seen Season 2 BR for cheap -
(Season 3 just began on AMC)

Picked up four music Laserdiscs this morning, Depeche Mode, The Cure and Pet Shop Boys. Mostly got them because music discs on Laser can be worth decent money.

lasers.jpg

I've just bought, ordered about forty LP's. Mostly late sixties to early seventies, but a few from the eighties. Like Sade...

Trying to finish out some of my collections, got Blu-rays of seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Fringe, and picked up the BD Special Edition of the 2009 Star Trek movie. I just got the regular BD of Star Trek but this is the "Special Edition" meaning it's a 3 disc set, though the third disc is the digital copy, and it probably expired or been used already, I don't care about that anyhow for only $4.

Today I got 2 VHS movies :)

1) Carbon Copy - 1981
2) Blade Runner - 1982 (Unrated version)

Last edited:
Apollo 13, 20 year edition Blu ray. That launch sequence ..... whoa!! Have owned the LD and DVD. This BD version is so much better. What I liked about the DVD was at the end of the movie and the onscreen menu is displayed, there entire movie audio soundtrack is playing in the background.

I last got the movie DOUBLE JEOPARDY (1999) on VHS :)

I had gotton this movie several times in the past but got rid of it because in alot of places in the movie there was wierd colours on ppls faces,etc.. like it was over exposed (too much colour) when transferred to VHS or something (I didnt like it @ all)

Last week I said to myself "NEXT TIME I FIND THIS MOVIE IM GONNA KEEP IT" and whadda ya know???? This one is fine..... No wierd colours,etc....... (So I didnt lie to myself :))

The print date on this copy is 2/24/00

Its one of the few movies from the 90s I do like...........

Today I got a movie I ordered in the mail :)

1) Smokey and the bandit - 1977 (Superman (1978) came with it)

Karate Kid (2010) True Grit (2010) red Dawn (2012) Green Inferno (2012) and many more. all 99 cents. from a website that charges you only the flicks you download.

Back
Top Bottom