What musical instruments do you have in the house?

I've seen (much) more cluttered "psuedio" arrangements. :)
I believe my collection has roughly doubled since I took that pic, though. Lots of stuff is stacked up in random places waiting to be used and/or repaired. When the Hammond broke down, I put the Farfisa in front of it (gotta love those built-in legs!). The Wurlie is currently just sitting in the garage, since it was badly mouse-infested at one point, and getting it cleaned/repaired is bound to be a Herculean feat (but I am hopeful that it will rise from the 'ashes' (read: mouse turds) at some point).
Psuedio, hah, that's awesome!:thumbsup: I've had my share of psuedios and none even came close to being as nice as that one.
4 track tape deck, bits and pieces of a drum kit + cheap drum machine, homemade plywood bass and mini Casio keyboard,
along with a Epiphone acoustic, real Gibson LP and maestro amp plus assorted pedals. But it was FUN!
Yep, pseudios can be a blast. Mine is definitely rough around the edges in various places, and currently rather cluttered with random junk (it is a basement, after all), but I've made some fine use of mine at various times. Just need to get back to it... :idea:
-Adam

Okay, I'll play too.

There's an old Hamer start copy that plays great.

Takamine eg332c six string

Ovation 1778t six string

Makala ukulele

An old yamaha drum kit with zildjian cymbals in the basement

A cornet and a trombone somewhere

Lightwave saber five string bass

Conklin groove tools five string bass - I've been through a bunch of basses but this one's been on every gig for twenty years.

Conklin groove tools five string fretless bass - a match to the other conklin

Assorted amps and a few Bergantino cabinets.

I think that's all.

Conn 6H, 88H. Besson 937, King 4B. Would love a Wilson compensating Euphonium . Don't play much anymore, but enjoy fine craftsmanship. Also would love to try an Edwards.

Guild Bluesbird
Cort Matt Guitar Murphy
Gibson Es-175
Hagstrom Viking
PRS SE EG
Simon and Patrick Mini Jumbo
Simon and Patrick Pro
Conn folk guitar
Harmony classical guitar
Harmony Vogue archtop
Vega mandolin
Fischer piano
ukelele

love 'em all, especially the bluesbird!

I have my old Bach Strad trumpet from when I was in school (1970s). Been lugging it around since 1980 and started playing it again a few months ago. Was absolutely joyous! Until my right shoulder started to hurt and my left elbow area as well. *sigh* Have been learning guitar -- the other instrument in da house, a cheap Fender acoustic -- and to pick up my old trumpet and actually improve quickly was soooo nice.

Well, lets see - here we have my wifes two accordeons, GDR-build "Weltmeister", and an Yamaha Stage piano.
And, since the weekend: my Fender CD-60 (I know, only Fender Indonesia...)

Conn 6H, 88H. Besson 937, King 4B. Would love a Wilson compensating Euphonium . Don't play much anymore, but enjoy fine craftsmanship. Also would love to try an Edwards.

A friend of mine has a nearly-new Willson compensating euphonium and loves it. I can't justify the price of a Willson, so the euphonium I've been playing in the local community band cost me a lot less. It's a 1952 Reynolds Contempora, 3 valves, bell front, that I picked up at a trunk sale for $75. It sounds great, plays very well in tune, and has an easy blow and a nearly effortless high register.

I have a few other horns around the house, too.

Trombones:
  • 1970 Conn 88H from the Elkhart plant
  • 1966 Elkhart Conn 78H
  • 1991 Blessing B88R
  • 1928 Olds "Standard" with slide tuning, .495/.510 dual bore, and 7-1/2" bell
  • 1928 Olds "Standard" with slide tuning, .495/.510 dual bore, and 7" bell. This was a $44 eBay purchase, believe it or not.
  • A couple of Pan American student tenors, made by Conn between 1945 and 1954

Euphoniums:
  • The 1952 Reynolds Contempora 120 that I mentioned earlier
  • 1963 Elkhart Conn 14I
  • 1965 Besson 3-valve compensating euphonium
  • 1950 King 1165
  • 1917 Elkhart Conn "New Wonder" 66I
All of the euphoniums are 3-valve, and all except the 66I are bell-front.

Ah we got some low brass in the house (and I mean that in the nicest possible way ;) )

Nice collection of horns there!

A friend of mine has a nearly-new Willson compensating euphonium and loves it. I can't justify the price of a Willson, so the euphonium I've been playing in the local community band cost me a lot less. It's a 1952 Reynolds Contempora, 3 valves, bell front, that I picked up at a trunk sale for $75. It sounds great, plays very well in tune, and has an easy blow and a nearly effortless high register.

Trombones:
  • 1970 Conn 88H from the Elkhart plant
  • 1966 Elkhart Conn 78H
  • 1991 Blessing B88R
  • 1928 Olds "Standard" with slide tuning, .495/.510 dual bore, and 7-1/2" bell
  • 1928 Olds "Standard" with slide tuning, .495/.510 dual bore, and 7" bell. This was a $44 eBay purchase, believe it or not.
  • A couple of Pan American student tenors, made by Conn between 1945 and 1954

Euphoniums:
  • The 1952 Reynolds Contempora 120 that I mentioned earlier
  • 1963 Elkhart Conn 14I
  • 1965 Besson 3-valve compensating euphonium
  • 1950 King 1165
  • 1917 Elkhart Conn "New Wonder" 66I
All of the euphoniums are 3-valve, and all except the 66I are bell-front.

Several of: cornets, trumpets, Eb altohorns, French horns, baritones;
one each of: fluegelhorn, trombone, bugle; recorder, digital keyboard, and fife.

Sold off a couple of my horns over the years, but still have a cheap soprano sax that needs a complete overhaul, and a mouthpiece. I'd dump it, but it was a gift with a bit of a story attached to it, so I can't really get rid of it. I do have a working flute on hand though, and I may upgrade that down the road a bit. (I prefer an alto or bass flute but they are very pricey in comparison.)

My daughter's acoustic guitar is here in the family room, as is my Goya classical guitar, 5-string electric bass, and a tamburitza (inherited).

My daughter's keyboard is just a typical Yamaha keyboard I bought used, but I will be getting an actual digital piano to replace the Baldwin I sold a few years ago. I can't play keys unless they are weighted like a "real" piano.

Trombones:

Definition of optimist: a trombonist with a pager. :D

Guitars:
Fender Strat
$25 Yamaha EG-303 that I gutted and rebuilt with a new jack, Bourns pots, Switchcraft switch, and Chinese knock-off vintage Strat pickups. I've got about $85 in it, and it sounds great! I built it specifically for rhythm playing.
I currently don't own a 6 string acoustic, but I'd like to get a Seagull or Breedlove.

Basses:
Fender Jazz
Yamaha RBX Super Medium Series (32" scale)

Here are a couple of pics:

Yamaha RBX 32" bass and EG303.
15528876705_681391827c_c.jpg

1989 MIJ Strat with (heavy) ash body.
15510854040_1019cbe811_c.jpg

I'm but a novice when it comes to my home audio (turntable, speakers etc) but I'm a pro audio guy with an in-home recording studio.
I can't tell you for sure how many instruments I own but it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 guitars, 8 basses, 3 drumkits, a Steinway and a partridge in a pear tree.
Among my pride and joy possessions is a vintage '69 Rogers kit, a custom shop '59 P bass relic (both pictured) and a '65 Gibson J45 acoustic - which records about as nice as any acoustic I've heard.

IMG_2393.JPGIMG_0414.JPG

OK, I'll play:

15 guitars- 4 6 string acoustic, 2 12-string, 2 travel-type and 6 electric, 1 bass
1 ukelele
1 bongo drum set
1 thumb piano <-surprisingly fun to play
need some bigger drums, maybe congas?

OK, I'll play:

15 guitars- 4 6 string acoustic, 2 12-string, 2 travel-type and 6 electric, 1 bass
1 ukelele
1 bongo drum set
1 thumb piano <-surprisingly fun to play
need some bigger drums, maybe congas?

They are, aren't they? :)

Let me see... I'm mostly a pianist/keyboardist, but the list is:

Korg digital piano
Roland Phantom X6 workstation synthesizer
Moog Little Phatty synthesizer
Roland JX-8P analog polysynth
Korg Electribe ESX

Ibanez AS-120 electric guitar
Gretsch Double Jet electric guitar with Bigsby
Takamine acoustic/electric
Ibanez fretless bass

Gemeinhardt Flute
Two Yamaha student flutes
Assorted fifes, chanters, pennywhistles, ocarinas and harmonicas

I moved in September, and my studio is still a mess. I'll snap a picture when I clean up.

a 1996 jimmy vaughn strat with a lil 59 humbucker in the bridge,also a 1991 american standard stratocaster that i scalloped back in 1997,and a late 1990,s crate amp,made in u sa in st. louis,they say its close to a superlead or jcm 800 in schematics,an yes,it has 50 watts of deafning very huge thick marshall tone and an incredible..very loud also clean channell..one of the best amps i ever heard and nope its not a pricy 5000 dollar vintage plexy,sounds as good though...........and an extremely rare..red..marshall 4-10 cab from the 1980,s sounding huge,we have only seen this one,an its not an m g cheapy,those are not as good but can be had in red an purple.this one has a few places from gigging,,that genuine vintage look........14138021_10208445685032817_8428954041860617878_o.jpg S5000958.JPG

reminds me of the 2 times i seen....nazareth.....playin this when doing...hair of the dog.....macon ga..and also in knoxville back in the e70,s..one of my favourite bands.........

-- 1995 Fender Telecaster American Standard
-- 2002 Fender Jazz Bass (Mexican)
-- 1966 Orlando Encore (Japanese Martin D18 copy)
-- Yamaha PSR 3000 keyboard
-- 1996 Ayotte Custom Maple drums (10-pc)
-- 1970(?) Hohner Blues Harp.

Back
Top Bottom