What NetFlix Needs is a 1 Star search category

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I sure wish Netflix had a 1 Star search category. There are all of these really rotten movies that are so fun to watch. It would save so much time. There are so many of these turkeys it is kind of like bird watching. Birders have a life list of observations. it could be the same for the One Star Movie crowd. Just think there could be the "One Star" movie awards. Imagine what an award ceremony event would be like. Big name actors wearing sacks over their heads excepting their "Roger" ( Roger Corman) statuette. Any political grand-standing would be met with showers of rotten tomatoes thrown by the audience. This is something I would watch for sure.

I know about "The Razzies" but "The Rogers" would be for movies not even that good.

Why would they need this? About 75% of the movies are 1 star rated on Netflix. Once you get by the splashly "Netflix originals" and dozen hot new movies, the rest is crap you never heard of that they picked up for a song.

Pretty sure the star ratings on Netflix are "how much we think you will like this movie".

What Netflix really needs is a way to search by language.

I am retired so i have the time :D It is funny I have been watching movies with subtitles for so long that I don't even pay any attention to the any more. But I find that while Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language films with subtitles are OK I do not like them in other languages. This must be because I don't often watch movie from these places and I am not used to the languages.

I am retired so i have the time :D It is funny I have been watching movies with subtitles for so long that I don't even pay any attention to the any more. But I find that while Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language films with subtitles are OK I do not like them in other languages. This must be because I don't often watch movie from these places and I am not used to the languages.
The movie that got me past the sub title phobia was Amelie. Now like you it's now second nature,I guess my mind adapted to it. My only gripe with movies with sub titles is when they put the words so far up the screen it takes away with what is going on in the movie.

What Netflix really needs is a way to search by language.
That is my major complaint of Netflix. I read the description and rating of the show. Start it, and it is all subtitled. I like to watch movies and read books. I will not read a movie. How hard would it be for them to mention that in the description?

That is my major complaint of Netflix. I read the description and rating of the show. Start it, and it is all subtitled. I like to watch movies and read books. I will not read a movie. How hard would it be for them to mention that in the description?

Exactly!

Talking about subtitles. A while back, I started "the Salvation" (2014) and when the subtitles popped up, I turned it off. Today I was looking for something to watch and started that movie again. It started about 5 minutes into it and I said to my wife that it must be a foreign film. Then the subtitles stopped and people began speaking English except a couple of characters. Continued to watch and it was one of the best westerns I had seen in a while. It reminded me of the old spaghetti westerns and I half expected Clint Eastwood to ride in in a poncho any minute.

Back
Top Bottom