What obscure 60's & 70's rock are you listening to right now?

Not right now but I occasionally listen to 'Curved Air', 'Tonto's Expanding Head Band', and 'Tubes' - (their first release was in 1975). :smoke:

Maybe the above are not even 'obscure' but I don't hear/see much talk about them.

Oh man, after years of knowing about the song 'This Is No Anarchy' by the German band Virus for several years, it finally looks like people have posted all of the songs from this live album on YouTube that I had never heard before. This is a great album! Good musicianship, and the guitar player's tone in these performances is stellar. I play guitar and I like the sound of a Gibson Les Paul played through a Marshall amplifier, and this is easily a top 10 all-time guitar tone for me. So thick and powerful, and the amount of harmonic bloom in each note is incredible. Just amazing. Decent playing too. From what I've found over the years, the Germans sure did know good guitar tone back in the day. Great stuff. Here's the full album...

Virus - 'Everybody Knows I've Got That Feeling' (Live, 1973)

Last edited:
Virus - 'Remember' (Live, 1973)

This song takes on a different feel with the guitar solo starting at the 2:31 mark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom