What or who would you like to see at AK Fest ?

Speaker Refoaming 101

:yes:

Retro

When you getting in???
The hotels about 1/2 hour from my place, so if you want to make a filed trip we could do a couple.
You got a couple rotters you want to drag along? Let me know and maybe we can make 'em right.

What would I like to see at this years AK Fest?

Please let there be more hot single chicks who love audio and love audio geeks! :thmbsp:
Or at least (girls) who find guys with record collections interesting. :scratch2:

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

Methinks we got a better chance of a Beatles' reunion..........:lmao:

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Yep, (sigh)... with John Lennon and George Harrison included. rip

When you getting in???
The hotels about 1/2 hour from my place, so if you want to make a filed trip we could do a couple.
You got a couple rotters you want to drag along? Let me know and maybe we can make 'em right.

I would be very interested in this idea: please let me know if this does happen

A panel discussion on the topic of "Equipment design and the resulting effect on reproduced sound" hosted by Masterlu and Raymond Leggs. :scratch2:

Well, it is Detroit, the hell with Eminem, how about Bob Segar and Ted Nugent!

Andy,
On the speaker re-foam, no, I don't have any that need re-foaming now, Army has a pair that he's doing for me right now though. Maybe we can use some space in Army's listening room to re-foam a pair?

Retro

Andy,
On the speaker re-foam, no, I don't have any that need re-foaming now, Army has a pair that he's doing for me right now though. Maybe we can use some space in Army's listening room to re-foam a pair?
Retro

The deal with an on-site is that all my stuff is here. I like clamping the magnet in my bench vise so I can scrape all the crap off the cone and basket, then hit it with a stripper to get a nice, clean surface for the new glue to bind too. Refoaming is kind of like painting, in that most of the work is in the prep. Once it's clean it's just a matter of gluing and centering.

We got time, so we can always figure something out. If a trip here won't work, I guess I could drag over a clean EPI 100 or Advent and use my Workmate as a vise for an on-site.

The deal with an on-site is that all my stuff is here. I like clamping the magnet in my bench vise so I can scrape all the crap off the cone and basket, then hit it with a stripper to get a nice, clean surface for the new glue to bind too. Refoaming is kind of like painting, in that most of the work is in the prep. Once it's clean it's just a matter of gluing and centering.

We got time, so we can always figure something out. If a trip here won't work, I guess I could drag over a clean EPI 100 or Advent and use my Workmate as a vise for an on-site.

Andy,
I appreciate the offer to do this at your place, but I don't want to be selfish, as I'm sure there would be about 100 other people attending the Fest that would love to learn from a master such as yourself. :yes:

Maybe Grumpy can find you/us an area where this could be done?

Oh, and I could certainly help you haul stuff to and from the Fest site.

Retro

Last edited:
do vendors sell

Hello this is my first post here. Im going to the fest i was wondering will the vendors be selling anything ?? Im looking for some balanced ICs?:banana:

attachment.php

Dare I ask who that chap is?

That picture is of an individual with a storied and sordid past, on AK. Not one of our 'best and brightest', and someone who eventually went into total meltdown, to the detriment of his tenure, here.

The infamous "Asynchronousman'.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Andy,

Retro

Well it is Detroit... than how about Dr. Yusef Lateef?!
(listen to the album Eastern Sounds)

He'd be cheaper than Segar or the Nugg and a rare experience that most of you will soon no longer have the option for. I saw him last summer at Detroit Jazz fest and at eighty-seven years old he was still an amazing performance. If your saying Yusef who... it's time to do your homework.

I've seen the Nuge more times than I care to admit. Saw Seger once. Not a bad show. Bring on some Yusef.

I would like a listening room (or just a kiosk with headphones) that features a panel of switches that enable the listener to compare and contrast the sound characteristics of different resistor types (carbon comp, metal film, etc.) as well as capacitors (basic to boutique).

You asked...

Back
Top Bottom