• Windows Vista

Votes: 41 7.7%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 163 30.5%
  • Windows '98

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Mac OS X (any version)

Votes: 124 23.2%
  • Linux (post which one you use, i.e. Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc.)

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Other (explain in your post)

Votes: 34 6.4%

• Total voters
Been ages since I was here last - It's been out since last summer so I felt it safe to upgrade my old Mac Pro OS to El Capitan [OSX 10.11.3]
Pretty smooth upgrade I also got a sale deal & upped from 10GB to 12GB of memory, and installed a SSD for the boot drive.
Runs great - not bad for a 2009 computer (Its a tower config, so upgradable).

For the past week, I've been dual booting a Dell notebook with Windows 7 and Linux Mint 17.3 (Cinnamon). Installation of Mint was a breeze and it is a joy to use.

But, I miss certain windows utilities for which I haven't yet found decent replacements: Total Commander (Krusader ain't bad), Irfanview, EAC.

For the past week, I've been dual booting a Dell notebook with Windows 7 and Linux Mint 17.3 (Cinnamon). Installation of Mint was a breeze and it is a joy to use.

But, I miss certain windows utilities for which I haven't yet found decent replacements: Total Commander (Krusader ain't bad), Irfanview, EAC.

Install WINE, and you can run those apps within linux.

Right now, I'm running Win 7 Pro. With Microsoft trying to ram 10 down our throats whether we want it or not, I've installed a virtual machine and am trying out Zorin OS 9 Core.

I think I was on XP x64 Edition when I posted last. Since then, I've switched to Vista from Feb 2014 to December 2015. Since then I'm running Windows 8.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Much improved hardware support since version 12. SDR radio, Mythtv, Ardour, EasyCap, etc. Just works.

Ubuntu with Gnome 3 on my desktop, Fedora with Mint on my laptop. The laptop also has vista on it to run my scanner programing software. I use win once or twice a year at most.

Main computer - Windows 10 (Home built)
Laptop - Windows 7 (2006 Acer that was given to me, and it isn't upgradeable to 10 as per Microsoft)
Storage - HP Mediasmart server (2009)
I have others, but don't use them

I actually prefer Windows 7 over 10 but figured I would bite the bullet. I tried Windows 8, 8.1 and hated it.
The Windows 7 and 10 computers along with the music are backed up to the Media server. HP stopped support on it a long time ago, but it backs up my computers so easily. I ran into a couple of malware incidents and it's much easier to just restore from backup server than it is to try and rid the computer of it. Less than an hour and I'm back online.

Back
Top Bottom