• Windows Vista

Votes: 41 7.7%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 163 30.5%
  • Windows '98

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Mac OS X (any version)

Votes: 124 23.2%
  • Linux (post which one you use, i.e. Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc.)

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Other (explain in your post)

Votes: 34 6.4%

• Total voters
I tried Windows 10 for a month , hated it , went back to Windows 7 . Tried Windows 10 again , hated it even more . I did a fresh install of Windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 8.1 . All is good .

Windows 10. Had it since it came out. Works fine. Just had to get used to Win. 8 then 10. After a while it's no big deal. Have it on 4 laptops/PC. I did find out some older printers are NOT compatible with 10..... and won't be.

And have one android tablet.

In the basement the server is Fedora 23 x86_64, xfce- zfs on usb for the raid5 bulk storage. The old server was a Sun Blade 2000 2x750mhz system running OpenSolaris, but was kind of long in the tooth and took a lot of power. My daily driver at work is also Fedora/xfce. Fair warning- I have drunk the systemd kool-aid and think its a pretty good solution though I would happily do without its quirks.

I have one pet Windows 7 box- slow... fine for tax software I don't use it much- sucks but so does using Windows- disabled updates on it back when Microsoft instituted the mandatory telemetry and started pushing 10. Will run it till it dies...

All systems are Windows 10 64bit apart from my QNAP TS-221 NAS which runs their version on Linux

I'm running OS X (10.11.6) on my desktop computer. And I have a laptop and netbook that are both running Lubuntu (can't remember which version). I don't use them all that often.

Desktop is Win7.
Laptop is Win8.
HTPC is XP (sp2 IIRC ???).
Tablet (Nexus7) is Jellybean something ???

Eventually will move most all my PC 'puters to some version of Linux as I'm pretty much done with MS OS's once Win7 stops handling my needs.

FWIW

Bret P.

Most of the computers in the house are on Windows 10. I still have two using Windows 7. And.... have one machine each using XP, 98, and 95.... but they're really more just conversation pieces at this point.

Back
Top Bottom