What other passions get your blood flowing?

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Here is a combination of my love of diving and of photography.
eel.jpg
coral.jpg

These were shot off the island of San Salvador.

Very nice pics Ward ... you could do your own postcards/greeting cards with those.

What gets my blood pumping? I am a sports fanatic - wide range of sports including football (soccer), rugby union, F1, cricket ...

I also have an interest in computers, specifically the building of them. I recently built myself a machine which I overclock.

And of course the audio hobby. I love music.

Never been into cars much (from the personal collection POV) - for me they've always just a means to get from A to B.

And finally my family ... I have a young family and they give me a lot of joy! :)

Glad you liked the pics. They were shot with a Nikonos V, Nikonos UW-Nikkor 15mm f/2.8 and a Nikon SB-105 stroble.

Ok, explain to me the purpose of Cricket. I'm totally lost on that one.

As for computers they are a main stay of my diet. I build'em, upgraded'em, modify'em. My house is wired in CAT5 just for the network. This weekend is the monthly computer meet at the convention center. I'll be there.

Sounds like we have similiar interests then (maybe with the exception of cricket :D ).

To someone not born in one of the cricket-playing countries, it is a complete waste of time to ever expect them to appreciate the game the way we do. Perhaps the best one can hope for is that they're not derogatory about the game!

Mind you I have always been amused how some of the US-only sports declare their champions to be "World Champions" when the rest of the world doesn't play.

That's the beauty of football - it is a truly world game, just look at the World Cup currently in action.

Maybe the US will measure up one day at football (although they did extremely well this time and deserve to be welcomed home accordingly) and then be able to say they are truly "World Champions" ...

Wards,

Those are incredible underwater photos! You should be a photographer for National Geographic. I especially like the rich colors in the one posted on the right. When I was in my early 20's I took the course for my scuba diving certificate but never completed my final hours you need to log because I had a real problem with constant ear infections. I gave up diving because of that. I did an ocean dive off Vancouver, BC once and saw an octopus. That was a long time ago.

Rob

Those pictures were taken about five years ago. I haven't been in the water in two years. My latest passion is my Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa. I tend to be obsessive/compulsive with a side of anal retentive thrown in. :D

busa4_012001.jpg

Loud music
Beer and Friends
PC games
Bass Fishing
Computers
Football (playing not watching)
Pro Wrestling

Ya got some sweet stuff there Ward. Some of the things that get my ole crank going is Drag Racing followed by more Drag Racing, Anything cars, besides NASCAR (Makes me Dizzy) :p: Motorsickles and Guns (Hunting and Target shooting). Also I used to be real heavy into Radio Controlled cars. I raced on a national Level traveling the coutry for around 10 years racing. Dont have much time for anything side my Chevelle and vintage Gear but I try to get to a few race here and there.

Dave

Well, geez, just about all of my passions are discussed here, go figger :D

Aside from this stuff, I do have a love of trains shared with my 2 year old, the real ones and the Lionel stuff. Love cruising around in my '59 Olds, as well as my Honda Express moped (a true geek at heart :nerd: ).

And of course, there's always :smsex:

:D

Ward that bike looks very familiar! :D :D :D
Hayabusa_Don.jpg

I sold mine though. Had to keep my license intact ...nearly impossible on a hayabusa! :mad:

My other passion
brat

Last edited:
Yup, many here have mentioned my passions in life. Biggest one is likely the Audio/Home theater hobby. But I also enjoy target shooting and I reload my own ammo. I recently purchased a nice property in beautiful Oro Valley next to Tucson Arizona. That is becoming a passion of mine too. Lots of work to do here, lots of dreams. I also enjoy my lil beach rocket and often sneak away to the freedom of the nearby Mexican beaches and play. (Rules, rules? We don need no stinkin rules down here... :D )

Back
Top Bottom