What PUNK Rock Album Are You Hearing Now !!!

Its a PUNK rock type of evening tonight

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight !!!!!!!!

Road to Ruin~ The Ramones !!!!

36799114020_51c85a65a0_h.jpg

Why can't I get just one kiss?
Why can't I get just one kiss?
Believe some things I wouldn't miss
But I look at your pants and I need a kiss !!!!=QUOTE]

yeah, I`m gonna learn a band or two watching this thread. Hope they keep coming!

Saw the Violent Femmes with Echo and the Bunnymen about a month ago. Both great as always. The new sax payer for the Femmes had an alto sax that was 6' tall! Sounded like a well played tuba! Good stuff.

I just gave Rancid's ... And Out Come the Wolves to a friend because his son had gotten into records. I'd guess that is the perfect treatment of a punk album -- give it no value and give it to someone who values it.
Such a great album! And the one before it "Let's Go!"

My 22 year old son and I have been doing a "music exchange" every couple of weeks since Spring, in which we give one another an album to listen to. This time around he gave me two since they are both short - Bad Religion's "No Control" and NOFX's "The Decline". One of the aims of this little exchange project is to expose us to music we wouldn't normally listen to, and that's the case here - I'm admittedly not a big fan of punk. I listened to No Control first, and it was easily the worst thing he's given me yet, IMO. Today I listened to The Decline, and actually liked it quite a lot. Where No Control was monotonous and almost atonal in its distortion, The Decline was musically interesting, texturally and rhythmically varied, while producing guitar parts that, while distorted, were still tonally recognizable, and therefore more interesting. So that's the take-away from a non-punk listener to this punk thread. Carry on.

Listening to a new band out of Dublin, Ireland called Grit. They have two 7" EPs out, which I ordered immediately after first hearing them. Imagine The Avengers meets Lia-era Vice Squad. Fantastic stuff.

t40QSzQ.jpg

Their bandcamp site if you'd like to give them a listen. I ordered through there and they arrived quickly and packed safely. (no affiliation)

https://gritd-y.bandcamp.com/
Took me a minute of listening to see they owe a whole lot to "Bad Religion" ..... not a bad band to be in debt to.

Back
Top Bottom