What PUNK Rock Album Are You Hearing Now !!!

Took me a minute of listening to see they owe a whole lot to "Bad Religion" ..... not a bad band to be in debt to.

I don't really hear Bad Religion, but I haven't listened to them in decades. Strangely enough, members' (including the singer) former bands were anarcho/crust type bands Easpa Measa and Burnchurch.

I hear BR in the instruments only, not the vocals. I'll have to check out the bands you listed... always open to a thinking man's punk. For me Punk needs the punk power and attitude...with a clear message.

Just to help out, I'll supply some links.

When I first heard the opening song, "Concrete Sea", on their debut EP I thought it sounded very similar to The Avengers song, "Thin White Line".

My comment about Lia-era Vice Squad is very specific. The original singer, Beki Bondage, left to pursue other projects, so the band recruited Lia (aka Jools). She was the singer for the band Affairs of the Heart, who had one release called "Waterloo Sunset". They did a couple of singles and an album with that new lineup.

5669D009-EB35-4C62-B1CA-4B45EB79D124.jpeg

What still trips me out is that I have most of these old punk albums on CD too, but even though the records are well played and not in the greatest shape, I ‘m hearing details I never get on the CD... Even on my Oppo through the same Reciever and speakers.
I honestly thought listening to the Records would just be a goof for when I had the time and was feeling nostalgic... But I hardly listen to the CDs anymore.

Last edited:
One of my most listened to records growing up !!!!

7 Seconds : New Wind

23848604498_4fb46cafaf_h.jpg

Not listening to any punk at the moment (I'm being mellow and listening to First Aid Kit), but I am going to see Paul Weller on Wednesday and Bob Mould (with Vic Bondi opening) on Saturday.

(and I was listening to The Minutemen earlier in the day - 'Why Does A Man Start Fires')

-D

Not listening to any punk at the moment (I'm being mellow and listening to First Aid Kit), but I am going to see Paul Weller on Wednesday and Bob Mould (with Vic Bondi opening) on Saturday.

(and I was listening to The Minutemen earlier in the day - 'Why Does A Man Start Fires')

-D

I have seen Mould on his Workbook tour as a Acoustic show!!! ****ing great.

Nashou

The Enigma Variations. This is a compilation from bands around in 1985.
Some punk, Goth, New wave, Ska and other eclectic stuff on here.

bands Like TSOL, Redd Kross etc.

The Ska band The Untouchables song Lebanon is a great tune.

Also the Jet Black Berries , Shadow Drive is pretty cool song.

Havent listened to this in 20 years or so.

Forgot how great it is. Any one have any of the bands listed here?
Click on the gatefold picture to enlarge it to readable size ;)

38533958406_9e02561f38_b.jpg

26814480379_29733bcaae_k.jpg

24718672888_8fc855fc45_k.jpg

Nashou

Back
Top Bottom