What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Playin Capitol T's Kay Starr early 50's
R-9161903-1475869529-3499.jpeg.jpg
R-9161903-1475869529-3499.jpeg.jpg

My wife and I watch late night talk shows and like to see the new music talent. More often than not, there will be 3 or 4 guitar players, keyboards (sometimes 2), as well as others. None of them seem to be working too hard. Watching them always makes me think of Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker and how much energy those three artists put into their music.

Last edited:
My wife and I watch late night talk shows and like to see the new music talent. More often than not, there will be 3 or 4 guitar players, keyboards (sometime 2), as well as others. None of them seem to be working too hard. Watching them always makes me think of Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker and how much energy those three artists put into their music.
Yeah man they were amazing to say the least. So much talent back then that was welcomed with open arms. I just wished the great talent that's out there today wasn't pushed to the bottom of the pile for the sake of some non talented groups or singers that are only out to make money for the industry with virtually no talent. Sorry for the rant, it's a touchy subject for me because I know how corrupt the Industry is. Great group though I'm glad we have there music.

Seems that all of her stuff was recorded digitally, which is probably why it sounds on the hot side. I have two other Anita Baker albums and those are on the hot side too. I just turn the treble down a bit.
Yeah I've noticed most of her stuff is. Her first album with (Angel) is about the tamest one as far as them being hot, but your right though about it being recorded fully digital, it was the 80's and everything was synthesized lol. But oh what a great time it was!

My wife and I watch late night talk shows and like to see the new music talent. More often than not, there will be 3 or 4 guitar players, keyboards (sometime 2), as well as others. None of them seem to be working too hard. Watching them always makes me think of Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker and how much energy those three artists put into their music.

I was just listening to Fresh Cream last night and reading about the intertwined histories of The Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith and Led Zeppelin. Unfortunately, in the case of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker a lot of that energy was directed at each other - and often not in a good way.

I was just listening to Fresh Cream last night and reading about the intertwined histories of The Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith and Led Zeppelin. Unfortunately, in the case of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker a lot of that energy was directed at each other - and often not in a good way.
That's unfortunate and unfortunately it happened/happens to alot of great bands, thank goodness they left us with some great music to listen to despite there differences though.

Back
Top Bottom