What Record Are You Hearing Now?

36065426532_be1811a73e_b.jpg

At the Piano

José Melis

1958 Mercury (Mono) MG 20275

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Nope, couldn't get the skips out of...

As a matter of fact, I think there may have been a couple of skips that weren't there before (perhaps my stylus is going)...

I experienced skipping on "Roxanne," "Can't Stand Losing You" and "Message in a Bottle." Quite annoying, but I also own the Every Breath You Take: The Classics CD, with these tracks remastered (which sounds tremendously better than this LP). As an aside, this LP was bought by me when it was first released, circa 1986, and has been cleaned numerous times now.

For any of you guys who experience skipping on cleaned-up vinyl (most likely due to groove damage), are there any pointers with regard to combating this? Would playing with the turntable's anti-skating do anything? Would skipping (not those "repeat" damages) indicate that anti-skating would need to be INCREASED?

Billy is playing here in Minneapolis tonight. Have seen him many times, but not this night. This is an unworthy substitute for the live show, but will have to do :).

How do these LPs sound on your system? These are the standard Columbia pressings, right? I know Mobile Fidelity was getting ready to reissue this Greatest Hits package in deluxe 180-gram remasters (or maybe they did)...

How do these LPs sound on your system? These are the standard Columbia pressings, right? I know Mobile Fidelity was getting ready to reissue this Greatest Hits package in deluxe 180-gram remasters (or maybe they did)...

Yep, just the original Columbia from back in the day. They sound good, not my greatest sounding LP's but definitely acceptable. Seems like most of my stuff pressed in the 80's doesn't sound the best.

Back
Top Bottom