What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I have tickets to see Elton John this Thursday...

R-5557753-1399412784-8395.jpeg.jpg

The UK pressing bought at his show last Saturday. It is autographed and in very good/mint condition but I still paid too much for it. And I have the US pressing as well. But still..... great show by the way. If you get a chance to see him he's well worth the price of admission.

Al St.jpg

Pacific Jazz presents the Chet Baker Quartet. 1953, 10" LP. This was in with a pile of 78's from my in-law's basement, along with three more early 10" Jazz LP's. Sadly, no sleeve and shows it. Tracks three and four on side one have skips, and a bit of background noise (or maybe more than a bit, lol) throughout, at least with a .7 conical. Still, amazing early Chet Baker.
CB_PJLP-6.JPG

https://www.discogs.com/Chet-Baker-Quartet-Chet-Baker-Quartet/release/6267768

Last edited:
2018-01-21 20.32.21.jpg

There I was in a junk shop in East Lancashire a town named Bacup,it has a reputation for all things,its an odd area,rather high up in the hills and I credit the extra oxygen level to boister the madness.
An example.
The next village hosts this.
And another village close by puts this on.

Oddness by the bucketful,the wizened hippy that owned or squatted in the shop said through a fug of homegrown that I could have it for 50p.
Its recorded in Jamaica around 1960 and you can hear the beginnings of dancehall,and soca,even the roots of reggae,a nice surprise and tracks really well.

They did a nice job on this reissue, half speed master, Abbey Road Studio, really quite vinyl.

More Images

Tori Amos ‎– Under The Pink
Label:
Atlantic ‎– R1-82567
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram
US
Released:
14 Apr 2015
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Alternative Rock

View attachment 1119701

I'm one of apparently very few TA fans who think Scarlett's Walk is her best album, and one of my favorites of all time. If that's ever re-released on LP I'm all over it.

Back
Top Bottom