What Record Are You Hearing Now?

a-ha ‎– Scoundrel Days (Warner Bros. Records ‎– 925 501-1, UK & Europe, 6 Oct 1986)

VY2VO7g.jpg

James H

Totally have the original RSO version of this awesome soundtrack, as well as the reissued 180 gram release from Reprise Europe (which doesn't sound all that great, with horrendously sibilant highs and atrocious end of side distortion).

This one's not too bad, it's a 2017 US reissue, although missing a bit of the bottom end punch. Might well have a look for an original pressing, it's one of those MUST HAVE's.

Last edited:
Ah, Alvin Lee. Reminds me of the video of his performance at Woodstock. Incredible, lightning-fast guitar work. If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

I grew up in Western New York. Some friends and I had considered going to Woodstock that summer of '69, but I had a summer job working afternoon shift at a GM Foundry and was getting a lot of overtime including weekends, making more money than I ever had before, so I didn't go.

I think I have a sub-conscious aversion to listening to the Woodstock LP or watching the movie; I could kick myself every time I think that I could have seen it live.

I saw BB King live that summer, and the Chambers Brothers on spring break in Ft. Lauderdale 1970, went to the US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen but nothing close to what Woodstock was.

Back
Top Bottom