What Record Are You Hearing Now?

nycontemporaryfive.jpg

Songs in the Attic is one of my favorites. Of course the music is great, but I love hearing him getting drunker and drunker as the songs go on.

SONGS! Ok? Better? :rflmao::naughty:

Last edited:
A friend gifted me this Chinese (he thinks) colored disc of the Everley Bros. Being Styrene, it's a static magnet and not the best sounding. It sounds like a fairly worn 45 and the first song on side two is fast and sounds like a 33 played at 45, or about 1/3 too fast. Still, it was a gift and an interesting one for which I am thankful. sleeve is thin paper covered in very reflective cellophane.
DSC09941dxo.jpg DSC07639dxo.jpg

Got a new Ikea Kallax in the living room, where the audio has to live, and ran into some resonance and bouncy floor issues with the Optonica, so I swapped it out with the AR-XA from the bedroom system. Also swapped out the OM30 on the XA for an M91 ED with a new EVG stylus. Doing some set-up listening right now.
Eagles: Their Greatest Hits. 180g reissue
20180613_191947.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new Ikea Kallax in the living room, where the audio has to live, and ran into some resonance and bouncy floor issues with the Optonica, so I swapped it out with the AR-XA from the bedroom system. Also swapped out the OM30 on the XA for an M91 ED with a new EVG stylus. Doing some set-up listening right now.
Eagles: Their Greatest Hits. 180g reissue
View attachment 1211229

How do you like the EVG stylus on the M91ED? I have an M91ED that's in need of a replacement stylus. I have the original Hi Track stylus, but it's badly worn.

So far it sounds quite good. It's hard to remember with much detail how the original stylus sounded as it was replaced a while back with the OM 30, but so far this EVG on the M91seems absolutely worth the price.
Very clean and crisp with seemingly not as much surface noise as the Ortofon had. Maybe I'll switch the 30 to the Optonica and put the 2M red that's on it out to pasture.
My wife Will just look at me and shake her head with a smile 'cus they all sound the same' to her.

Back
Top Bottom