What`s wrong with this picture ?

MaxxVolume

Lunatic Member
Made a purchase off that big auction site. Paid immediately, via PayPal. Next day, got an emal stating "Your item has been shipped" on June 5. OK, so far, so good. This package is (supposedly) going from Long Beach, California to N.J.
After a couple of days, I take a peek at the "tracking" info, which tells me nothing.

After a week of being "in transit to the next destination", I get another notice that it has arrived in the Los Angeles processing facility (!) . Here`s the most recent update:

June 12, 2018, 2:39 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on June 12, 2018 at 2:39 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
June 8, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
June 7, 2018
June 6, 2018
June 5, 2018, 9:28 am
USPS in possession of item
LONG BEACH, CA 90803

Strange things happen sometimes, not only with USPS. I would like to consider not to be too concerned until another week has went by.

So, It left Long Beach on the the 5th and it took 7 days to get to Los Angeles.......
Isn't it like 25mi away?
:idea:

Piney Flats is 15 miles from Bristol. Our mail leaves here and goes to Knoxville (100 miles away!) and then back.

Is that USPS?
They put it in the wrong bin.

I've had packages bounce between facilities for a week then finally delivered. No reason.

I've had packages go on US tour and then disappear never to be seen again.

Wait and watch and wonder and be ready to file a claim.

USPS tracking is THE WORST. I have had packages show no movement for days (last known location hours or a day's transit away) and then get a knock on the door an hour later. I've had stuff mysteriously "disappear" from the system and then arrive weeks later--once even after Ebay and USPS settled the claim for a "lost" package with me and the seller--we ended up splitting the refund :thumbsup:

I am currently awaiting a package that got shipped via that idiotic partnership between FedEx and USPS--ships via FedEx and gets transferred to the USPS for local delivery. Made it over 3/4 of the way across the CONUS via FedEx within 48 hrs. Transferred to USPS and it has taken days to show any movement from the transfer location, and the expected delivery date has been extended--at this point, I could have walked there and back.

EDIT/ADDITION--and now who claims responsibility for damages (if any)?

Hey
Probably setting in a trailer/lot somewhere.
I had a tuner from Washington State take like 2weeks in transit to show up in ks. I finally found a guy at the p.o. tell me the real deal. The seller shipped it cheap so there is no priority given . Basically he told me to cool my jets it will get here when it gets here. It did, eventually. Eric

Update:
Contacted seller, asked him to please check the status. Heard back from him, said he called the Post Office, but they didn`t have an answer for him. Wonderful....

The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of June 13, 2018.

Status
In-Transit
June 13, 2018

Get Updates

I once shipped a box by FedEx Ground from MO to a Cincinnati address, but accidentally used a Columbus OH zip code. There is no such street in Columbus. It went from Columbus to Cincy and back about 8 times before I got a customer ombudsman type person to intervene and get it squared away.

Update:
Finally received that package (it was an LP, so I was a little concerned about handling while in transit....)

Got another similar deal working currently, made the purchase on 6/14, it`s still floating around out there somewhere....

i have some my things go past me a few hours or even sooner after dispatch then off it goes maybe a 100 miles then back to about 20 miles away and this is after it getting very close to that same 20 miles away .. then it is sent out to me . sometimes its worse than that and other times never arrives .

p.s i couldn't see a picture

I had a shipment do the rounds of all of the distribution centers in Southeast Michigan before finally arriving at our local post office. I think it hit one of the distribution centers twice, as I recall. It was slow, but it eventually got here!

Wish I could say the same for DHL. Twice I've had to file "no arrival" claims with Amazon (in the EU) and they would replace the lost shipment. A few other times, the boxes arrived badly mangled and I had to get the LPs replaced. Royal Mail from the UK? Six days, door to door, just about every time.

I had a package bounce between regional facility and post office (wrong one). I had to chase it down and pick it up. Ended up being incorrect route number on the label.

I once had a UPS package go via France to get from California to the East Coast. Talk about getting into the wrong bin in transit.

The cheap USPS parcels get no attention at all in their system. I had a package that was shipped to 30 miles away take a week and a half to get there once. When I went into the post office to ask about it they said "Its only been a week? Give it a couple more". I replied "But it is only going up up the highway 2 towns" they said "I know, give it 2-3 weeks".

Media Mail and Parcel Select Ground are at the bottom of the pecking order for deliver times. I shudder when I think about it. :D There is now a First Class parcel service for lighter packages, and of course, the Priority Mail that sometimes gets there in 2-3 days. (I once sent a check for deposit via Priority Mail and it took six or seven business days to arrive.)

I am selling and used USPS for years. They are generally good although strange thing does happen. There was once my package is shown as "out for delivery" in New York. Nothing happened the day. The next morning, it says arrived in St.Louis. Clearly, it was mixed into an outbound overnight crate. It was then overnight fly back to New York for delivery the next day.

Back
Top Bottom