What Service Has The Best Jazz Catalog?

Jazz fan ... but it's not my main musical genre.

I stream Tidal at 320kbps AAC ... I like Blue Note recordings .... I just copied a box set list of Blue Note CD's artist/album ... RVG remasters.
Then I select titles from that list to stream ... never had a problem finding any ... that I can recall anyway.
I used to subscribe to Blue Note's music service until I found that Apple Music has most (if not all) of the full albums and for some reason the Blue Note app had a lot of stuff missing.

Not sure if Spotify still allows the plug-in apps on their desktop software, but I used to love the Jazzify and Blue Note plug ins. I may have stuck with Spotify if they had those plug ins on their iOS app or if the iPhone app worked half way decent with the Nav screen in my car (which it didn't).

I would love to know what you consider "The best" ? I am not aware that any of them are much better in that area than the others. Last I heard, and it has admittedly be a while, ECM wasn't allowing their music on any of the streaming platforms. Outside of that, most of the services have 30 or 40 millions songs available and everyone I have tried has a ton of Jazz albums.

Jazz fan ... but it's not my main musical genre.

I stream Tidal at 320kbps AAC ... I like Blue Note recordings .... I just copied a box set list of Blue Note CD's artist/album ... RVG remasters.
Then I select titles from that list to stream ... never had a problem finding any ... that I can recall anyway.
Thank you for your reply. I have found that Spotify is missing a few titles I was looking for but I'm sure any service has something missing. I have heard good things about Tidal. Listening to RVG Adam's Apple by Wayne Shorter on Spotify free right now.

I used to subscribe to Blue Note's music service until I found that Apple Music has most (if not all) of the full albums and for some reason the Blue Note app had a lot of stuff missing.

Not sure if Spotify still allows the plug-in apps on their desktop software, but I used to love the Jazzify and Blue Note plug ins. I may have stuck with Spotify if they had those plug ins on their iOS app or if the iPhone app worked half way decent with the Nav screen in my car (which it didn't).

I would love to know what you consider "The best" ? I am not aware that any of them are much better in that area than the others. Last I heard, and it has admittedly be a while, ECM wasn't allowing their music on any of the streaming platforms. Outside of that, most of the services have 30 or 40 millions songs available and everyone I have tried has a ton of Jazz albums.
I guess I meant having the largest catalog or widest selection in reference to the best. Using the word best on AK is asking for trouble:oops: Thank you for your reply. Lot's of good info:thumbsup:

I guess I meant having the largest catalog or widest selection in reference to the best. Using the word best on AK is asking for trouble:oops: Thank you for your reply. Lot's of good info:thumbsup:
They are pretty much equal in that area. Most of the hold outs aren’t on any service and the artists that are tied to one service typically only do that for the first week of a new release.

There isn’t a way to really answer your question. There are at least hundreds of thousands of jazz songs on every service, so no one can really answer your question with accuracy.

If you mainly listen with a computer, I would look into whether the Spotify apps I mentioned are still available.

They are pretty much equal in that area. Most of the hold outs aren’t on any service and the artists that are tied to one service typically only do that for the first week of a new release.

There isn’t a way to really answer your question. There are at least hundreds of thousands of jazz songs on every service, so no one can really answer your question with accuracy.

If you mainly listen with a computer, I would look into whether the Spotify apps I mentioned are still available.
Thank you. Going forward I guess a free trial is in order

Back
Top Bottom