What should you do if you and your partner don't have the same taste in music?

IslandGirlss

You're used to playing your music loud, and suddenly when you got someone with you who hates the music you listen to, what's the best thing to do?

My case I have a spare bedroom now a listening room and that is where I do most of my listening. My wife only likes top 40 1980's and the groups aimed at teenage girls from the 1970's Shawn Cassidy, Bay City Rollers and such. The living room and the sound room are far enough away we don't get into volume warfare. If a listening room is not available invest in some good headphones and a amplifier.

Don't worry, you'll soon discover other issues that make the music thing seem like nothing. Learn to "compromise"- that means you submit and SHMBO gets her way.

bar_2.jpg Build a tunnel from the basement to a completely underground room 15 foot away from the basement walls.. .with this Entry Door . ..
https://www.ftknox.com/vaults/vault-room-doors-outswing/
outswing-main.png
Make your saferoom big enough to have a complete bathroom and bedroom with a living room that can be total entertainment audiophile dream.....
Make sure the roof is 10 to 12 feet high and conducive for audio take notes from the old theaters where are Symphonies would play...
Take notes from bunker production for the external ceiling with much rebar and cement. .. . Seek out bank vault companies for the construction. .. .
And if you've got the kind of money to play with other toys in life like Lamborghinis Ferraris and jaguars...
Why wouldn't you make a room like this??
Here is a great article on recycling bank vault doors !
If I were that wealthy or the one to of won that 500 million dollars... Here's where my money would go first when building a dream home!

https://recyclenation.com/2011/08/repurposed-bank-vaults/

Then you can go to your man cave and never be heard . .

Last edited:
Seems like it would be fairly common. When I'm in the mood for something - I don't want to have to please someone else. With that I do the most listening by myself.

Back
Top Bottom