What speaker cable is this?

davidro

Lunatic Member
Bought some Arcam & Ruark stuff and the seller threw in these cables saying they're 'high-end'. I see no marking but a brief Googling shows they look like some Nordost Superflat stuff.

Anyone has any other clue?

cable_zpsl34c4iuh.jpg

Looks like winners David. What amp and speakers will you connect. I've lost track of what you are using currently.

Not to hijack your thread but it's a question along the same line as bi-wire I think.

What the heck are "shotgun" cables. I've seen some makers use the term but haven't been able to find any real definition.

Not to hijack your thread but it's a question along the same line as bi-wire I think.

What the heck are "shotgun" cables. I've seen some makers use the term but haven't been able to find any real definition.
Speaker wire with one connection at the amp and two or more at the speaker. For example, two wires connected to one banana at the amp and split into two separate bananas at the speaker end.

Murray

image.php

Last edited:
looks ok wire .. might be a problem if moved a lot as the conductors might break being solid wire .
i don't see real bi-wiring here ... unless the wires carry different frequencies where they are split to 4 ..
anyway ..enjoy some expensive cables ....

Speaker wire with one connection at the amp and two or more at the speaker. For example, two wires connected to one banana at the amp and split into two separate bananas at the speaker end.

Murray

Thanks Murray. That's what I thought. I've seen Acoustic Zen talking about their shotguns but with only two connectors on each end, but with two cables running each side. One other manufacturer was positioning similarly.

Shotgun is two wires running between one set of connectors at each end.

Biwire from one amp to two sets of speaker connectors is one set of connectors at one end, and two sets at the other. Like a "Y".

Shotgun is two wires running between one set of connectors at each end.

Biwire from one amp to two sets of speaker connectors is one set of connectors at one end, and two sets at the other. Like a "Y".

This is consistent with Shunyata, makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom