what speakers for linn wakonda &lk 140

red 111

i recently acquired a Linn Wakonda preamp And soon will get a Linn LK 140 amp. I have some speakers available,but may not match up well.I prefer stand mounters .What i have on hand: Polk Audio Monitor 5B, Dynaco A25,Elac Debut B6, Tandberg Hi-Fi System 10. my budget is about $700. Do the Warfedale Denton 80th anniversary fit the bill? thanks for any thoughts

thank you jrh67 I like those Epos Es 11s Are they still in production or do I search for used in the usual places?

hi botrytis..my room is 15x12 with 8ft ceiling. i listen mostly to jazz & blues,Latin jazz. I have another rig for other types of music.

I've heard the Rogers version of the LS3/5a with the bass attachment in Cosmophinic Sound years ago and yes they were bliss I think the amp was aThorens (shoe box size like Naim & Cyrus).Never saw Another amo like that.I the Linn Tukans,if similar would be on my list to consider. thanks for the insight.

thank you jrh67 I like those Epos Es 11s Are they still in production or do I search for used in the usual places?
Not in production anymore, though can be located on the usual audio selling sights.
The tukans are great speaker and can be had pretty inexpensively.
Good luck!

Can vouch for the Katans personally. Terrific speakers that thrive on lots of power. Beautiful sound stage and imaging. They quite frankly beat my buddies Rogers LS3-5a's in my opinion but I am biased.

ProAc should be on your radar too.

thanks Fairlane for giving the katans a thumbs up. Katans & Tukans sound like speakers to search for. are the ProAc s also stand mounters?

ProAc makes floor standers too I believe but I usually see stand mounts.

Have a pair of the original Response series and they are everything that is great about the British sound. Beautiful to look at as well.

Back
Top Bottom