What system do you listen to while at the computer?

renfrow

Since I've just moved, I don't have my system setup at my computer, yet, it's still in storage somewhere. I found this picture of it before the move, and wondered what everyone else listens to while at the computer. This iteration is/was: Pioneer SA-420 integrated amp, Xiang Sheng (Grant Fidelity clone, sorry, didn't know any better when I bought it!) DAC, and New Large Advents.

Show me what you've got! :)

Tom.
WorkspaceStereo.jpg

Me: fiio d03k as DAC (24/192); cambridge audiolab 8000a (B serie); cerwin vega d1 speakers, vintage western electrics speaker cable; kabel direkt signal cable.

Yamaha C A410II , Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 , HiFyMe DIY Sabre Tiny Dac , 12 gauge speaker wire with Sewell banana plugs .

Just a 2.1 Boston Acoustics computer speaker setup. It was sold with gateway computers back in the 90s. Sounds great!

Technics SA AX6 driving JBL P20s connected to computer with Pioneer SX-770 driving HPM 40s on the work bench with Technics SL-1900 TT for play testing LPs while "working".

Nakamichi TA-2A receiver, CA-2A cassette deck, Akai CR-81D 8 track, Onkyo DX-702 CD player, DLK Modular 1 speakers.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Computer through a Musicstreamer II to a FatMan iTube hybrid amp through Canton fonissimo speakers and a Polk 10in sub.

P1040048.JPG P1040049.JPG

My Mac mini is stuck to some B-stock Cambridge Soundworks PCWorks I bought long ago; nice enough for background music (when I use it) and to review music I may want to purchase or check out youtube vids.

Some cheap Insignia plastic speakers from Best Buy for twenty bucks they sound pretty good for what they are.

I use an iFi Micro iDSD dac as a preamp into a Parasound ZAmp into Audience ClairAudient The Ones. Excellent.

- Woody

No pics, but my desk system: Rotel something or other (tiny black 15W thing) and some small Canton speakers (which are shockingly good for little satellite looking things.)

Herself has a much better one: HK 330B with some Advent/3s. May improve her speakers and sell the Advents...

Right now the setup is an iFi Nano DAC -> Parasound PR200 pre -> Bryston 2B amp -> Infinity Qe speakers with Infinity 12 sub. I work a lot at my computer and having another system setup just didn't make sense. So I've been working on different setups as an experiment and matching up various CL or thrift finds. The only problem I have with this system at the moment is I keep getting distracted from working by the music. They a great synergy together.

In my office it's a Bogen AP 200 integrated tube amp, Dual 1009 turntable, Phase Tech PC 65 speakers. I've also got sources for CD, cassette, and digital files.

Both of my systems revolve around my computer as my space is currently limited. Let's just say I'm surrounded by 7 Boston Acoustics reference speakers when I sit at my computer in my primary setup with no woofer smaller than 6.5". :jump: (Pictures in the link in my signature)

Eventually I'll get stuff spread out.

Last edited:
A JBL satellite system I picked up @ Best Buy right now. I have a system in boxes for my computer room but sans speakers,still looking for a pair of either Spendor or Celestion... The system consists of a Adcom The Gold pre, a pair of Monarchy Audio s70 pro amps and a Musical Concepts modified Magnavox 470 cd player. Cables power Cardas Golden Ref., Darwin the Truth inter connect,anti cable ref. Speaker Cables.

I just configured an Office setup this week

PC > Audioquest Cinnamon USB Cable > Fubar USB DAC > Tara Labs cables > Lepai 2020 > Polk Monitor 30 Series II speakers

Have not had enough time to play with it but with JRiver v20 and FLAC files, it sounds OK for a PC based office system.

Back
Top Bottom