What system do you listen to while at the computer?

How do you like your Valhalla 2? I have a pair of Oppo PM-3s on the way to me, and in a couple of months I will be upping the game a bit. The Vali 2 and Valhalla 2 are on my short list, but I think I'd prefer the Valhalla 2 primarily due to the drive stage being tubes (as opposed to the Vali 2 being a hybrid).

I'm loving it after about 40-50 hours of burn in. It was kind of sibilant but it went away after I let the tubes run for the burn in period mentioned. The separation, clarity and power are very impressive, even with the stock tubes. I plan on upgrading the tubes eventually and then enjoying it fully. (been getting some recommendations from various people) I have only used the Valhalla 2 with my Senn 600, so I can't comment on how they sound with anything else. I have heard the Valhalla 2 is a clear step or two up from the Vali 2 (I had the Vali 1 and loved it). I haven't heard the Vali 2 so I can't comment on that either.

I'm loving it after about 40-50 hours of burn in. It was kind of sibilant but it went away after I let the tubes run for the burn in period mentioned. The separation, clarity and power are very impressive, even with the stock tubes. I plan on upgrading the tubes eventually and then enjoying it fully.
Nice! It will be on my short list. I just need to figure out sources for the headphone amp. I am not sure where in the room to put it. I may end up needing a long extension for it, as the only DSD DAC I own is across the room. Or 35 ft. long RCA interconnects, so I can put it on a table near everything else (the seating areas in the room, or my desk).

Moved the Lowther OB's to the opposite wall and now I'm playing with these 12" Zenith 49CZ alnico drivers over H-frames. SET amp powered with an Audio GD source.

P1010030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom