What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Those WH cassettes are quite good! Many recorded on chrome tape with dolby and well-engineered.
The Early Vinyl was fantastic as are the Early Cassette's when Akerman was still rowing the boat until 1992 when he sold half of WH to BMG then bailed in 96 completely. Now owns Imaginary Road Studios.
Never thought of Windham Hill as New Age music, just good listening music well recorded.

0127170848.jpg

Country - An original soundtrack album composed and conducted by Charles Gross (Windham Hill WT-1039)

On BASF CHROME

Open reel played on Studer A807 and A810. Cassette played on Tascam 122MKIII and Nakamichi MR-1. LPs and 78s player on Technics SL-1210 and EMT-948 respectively. Umatic played on VO9800/9050. Beta/IMX Digital played on Sony MSW-M2000/DVW-M2000. VHS played on Panasonic AG-DS545, D555, DS840, DS850 broadcast quality players. One inch C-type played on Sony BVH-2000. DAT played on Sony PCM-7040 and Panasonic SV-3700/3800. I perform media archiving for large colleges and instutions. We also have wire and wax cylinder players, but I haven't had any experience with them yet.

A cassette recorded on one of my units, post restoration. It is unstated, so it is likely one of my own units. In any case, I just repaired (not restored) a nice Harman Kardon HK 400XM cassette deck, and I am quite impressed, as I enjoy this cassette recording on it.

Bob James and Earl Kugh, "One on One"

R-352679-1452435639-4752.jpeg.jpg

I truly enjoy Bob James, in just about any set he has recorded.

Enjoy,
Rich P

New Wave of British Heavy Metal '79 Revisited (Metal Blade Records CAROL MC 2200)

"compiled by LARS ULRICH"

Playing an unpublished country singer master tape from Telstar Records. Artist is Clint Rimes, Truckin' for Jesus, May 11th 1983. Recorded on Agfa PEM 468 at 15ips 2 track stereo, 250 nWb/m NAB.

Really nice honky tonk and tight band, maybe session musicians. My first studio master 15ips, and am thrilled with the sound quality as I finally got to see what my rtr is capable of. 2 reels for 40 bucks shipped from everyone's auction site. Came tails out on the plastic hub only. Unscrewed some old take up reels I had and now we're singing!

Billy Joel - River of Dreams and INXS - Kick. Both on the Technics RS-BX707 which I fixed (again) a couple of days ago. The magnet inside the flywheel had become loose an was rubbing against the motor drive colis causing a 'whoosh whoosh' sound whilst rotating. I pulle the deck apart and super glued the magnet into a fixed position, which resulted in total silence from the flywheel. I call that a win :)

Back
Top Bottom