What tape (any format) are you playing now?

R.I.P. Glen

36453952105_1f03448f11_b.jpg

Gentle on My Mind

Glen Campbell

1967 Capitol Y1T-2809 4-Track 3¾ IPS

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Listening to a cassette dub I made on my Pioneer CT-S88R from an FM progressive talk show that broadcast during the early morning hours.

A cassette dub of Beethoven's Ninth by Ormandy and the Philadelphia Orchestra. I recorded this tape in 1990 and it still sounds great. Also saw Ormandy and the Philly Orchestra perform it live back in the 70s. It was a night to remember.
maxresdefault.jpg

I have about 200 cassettes with about 350 albums dubbed onto them. I started recording about 1973 and continued until recently (I have always written recording date on the sleeve label). This weekend I finished the chore of going through all of them to make sure they were still playable. Most of them are fine. The best thing is that I found a few long forgotten gems.

The best thing is that I found a few long forgotten gems.

I may have posted this before, but I have bought 100's of cassettes and R2R tapes, with the intention on recording over. About half have had something interesting such that I can't bring myself to record over them. Sometimes there may only be one 4 minute 'song' on the whole tape that I wish to keep, but this has been enough to keep me from erasing. Now, the polkas and elevator music, they are fair game......no offense to you polka lovers, or those who have retired and pine for the elevator days at work.......

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Movie Soundtrack - 8-Track Cartridge

RSO 8T-2-4100 (Complete 2 Record Set)

R-1476820-1287577284.jpeg.jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back
Top Bottom