What tape (any format) are you playing now?

I've been listening to some old cassette tapes I converted to digital in 2001. They were made July 14, 1983 - the last day of broadcasting for WHFS@102.3 FM in Bethesda, Md. Bob "Here", Weasel, Milo, Jake Einstein, Frank from "The Daily Feed", Tex Rubinowitz, Slickee Boys, etc. They were recorded from a Yamaha tuner to an Aiwa M700. When I transferred them, I used a Crown IC150a and a DBX 118 to fix EQ, hiss and balance issues. Also, when I made the recordings, I switched from Stereo to mono when it was just the DJ's talking to quiet the background noise as I was 35 miles from their 2300 watt transmitter.

Just listened to The Blasters - s/t on Slash. Now listening to Miles Davis in Concert on Columbia.

Playing in my Luxman K 105. Great tape.

Playing an open reel mix of classic female vocals I made. Billy Holiday, Dinah Washington, Dionne Warwick, Aretha Franklin. Sounds good!

Elevator music: George Greeley, The Gentle Touch

A relaxing ("brain dead" ?) change from more substantial stuff.

This 2 vol set has over 4 hrs of music. I don't recall any other 3.75 ips tapes with Dolby. It even has a test tone at the beginning.

7d2e22a847ab7a2345b54964bf44aa15.jpg

936d99950bc2d2f5572add0ef2e604b9.jpg

John

Lo & Behold: Coulson, Dean, McGuiness & Flint playing (previously) unreleased Dylan;+ fill

(Hoyt Axton; Blood, Sweat & Tears; 'PERRO'; Laurie Anderson; Van Morrison;

Edie Brickell & Steve Martin)

10-1/2'' @ 7.5 dbx I

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal '79 Revisited (Metal Blade Records CAROL MC 2200), cassette, normal position/bias. Sticker on back reads "compiled by LARS ULRICH"

Near mint condition, surprisingly cheap.

I remember when this first came out back in the day, now I finally own a copy!

Back
Top Bottom