What To Eat To Live To 100

Good food, good cigars, good whiskey! But, stay away from sugar/carbs! It is the Devil!

3811ec6ed6fac951d22256e9849ff64e.jpg

Based soley on my wife's aunt that lives with us (admittedly only 96)
Microwave pancakes, cookies, and orange juice :dunno:

Wife's grandma is 97. She's outlived two of her kids and has lived a pretty unhealthy life - ex smoker, current gin drinker, foul mouth, eats fry-ups and used to fly around in Lancaster bombers as a young woman serving in the WRAF. She's quite deaf now but lives on her own and only recently gave up driving (and boyfriends ).

They build them tough, up North :)

Just listened to some comments from a radio discussion on Tom Brady's diet. I guess he's planning on living forever with it.

Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke victims — I’ve seen too much of this to go along with your generality.

In Gary Taubes book, The Case Against Sugar, he presents evidence that excessive consumption of nutritive sweeteners, especially fructose based ones are responsible for the 'diseases of civilization', i.e. heart disease, cancer, stroke, gout, diabetes, dementia, etc.

I would note that many researchers have called Alzheimer's Type 3 Diabetes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/.

Personally, I think it's less about living longer than being able to do the things you want to do (i.e. having a good quality of life). Based on my genetics I expect to live into my 90's and suspect that the world will seem like an alien place by then.

My neighbor that I grew up next to lived to be 99 and didn’t need a walker until he was 96. He attributed his long life to honey.

In Gary Taubes book, The Case Against Sugar, he presents evidence that excessive consumption of nutritive sweeteners, especially fructose based ones are responsible for the 'diseases of civilization', i.e. heart disease, cancer, stroke, gout, diabetes, dementia, etc.

I would note that many researchers have called Alzheimer's Type 3 Diabetes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/.

Personally, I think it's less about living longer than being able to do the things you want to do (i.e. having a good quality of life). Based on my genetics I expect to live into my 90's and suspect that the world will seem like an alien place by then.

Not even 60 yet and when I think how the world was when I was a kid, I often think it's an alien place now

Back
Top Bottom