Technics SL D2 soon to get the 78 RPM modification

Technics SL D202 with 78 RPM mod

Technics SL D303 with 78 RPM mod

Technics SL 2000 with 78 RPM mod

Pioneer PL 340 with 78 RPM mod

Gemini PDT 6000 actually came with 78 RPM:D

Sherwood ST 903 P Mount belt drive linear tracker

Yamaha YP B4

Dual 1214 with both stacker spindles, kinda works but needs overhauled, I may build a custom base for it

Panasonic SL H308 P mount TT, part of rack system(similar to Technics SL BD20)

Other record playing devices:

Voice of Music 216 AV classroom record player that I'm thinking about converting to use a MM cartridge

Numark PT01 I know it's a POS but it can run on batteries

Sears all-in-one record player/8 track recorder/tuner with BSR changer that actually has a Pickering V15 MM cart and antiskate!:yikes:

Bohsei record player/radio/cassette recorder disguised as a briefcase AC or battery powered (very cool)

RCA EY4 tube 45 RPM player from around 1955 needs restored

Victor Victrola 4-3 Consolette from 1926 plays well cabinet needs refinished

Last edited:
These hooked up and in use:

Aura (NZ TT) with three arms

Garrard 401

Pink Triangle PT1

Pro-ject 2Xperience

Not currently in use:
Well Tempered Amadeus
Garrard SP25MklV

Attachments

• Aura 3 arms.jpg
    Aura 3 arms.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 401 app.jpg
    401 app.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 137
  • pt1.JPG
    pt1.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Pro-ject 2Xp.jpg
    Pro-ject 2Xp.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Amadeus vpi.jpg
    Amadeus vpi.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Garrard SP25c.jpg
    Garrard SP25c.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 104

Garrard 401

Pink Triangle PT1

Pro-ject 2Xperience

Not currently in use:
Well Tempered Amadeus
Garrard SP25MklV

Welcome to AK Citroen.

That's some collection of TTs and arms/cartridges you have there. Most with great reputations.

Is there one which stands above the rest for sound quality?

Garrard 401

Pink Triangle PT1

Pro-ject 2Xperience

Not currently in use:
Well Tempered Amadeus
Garrard SP25MklV

Welcome to AK, Citroen! Beautiful TT collection you´ve got there! BTW, my first car was a Citroen 2CV!

Welcome to AK Citroen.

That's some collection of TTs and arms/cartridges you have there. Most with great reputations.

Is there one which stands above the rest for sound quality?

Welcome to AK, Citroen! Beautiful TT collection you´ve got there! BTW, my first car was a Citroen 2CV!

Thanks.

They are my "children" so I don't have a favourite :D

One's a bit idle, I think one might be gay, one's too transparent for their own good, one's very sporty esp golf and fishing and one just has an old soul.

Having said that I spend the most time playing with the trigamist (using the DV505) :tresbon:

Attachments

• Denon 103R shibata2.jpg
    Denon 103R shibata2.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Garrard 401 Project

Took a little over two years to assemble the parts. Final assembly awaits.

Attachments

• IMG_0775[1].JPG
    IMG_0775[1].JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 140
Heres a short list of mine.

Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave

Thorens TD-160 (Early 70's Vintage) Belt-Drive Manual Turntable + Jelco SA-750D Pick-Up Arm + Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III Phono Cartridge.

I am thinking about putting my TD-160 into a new Plinth. What I want to know is what kind of wood would I need to construct the Plinth without negatively affecting the sound quality of the table itself?? A Dark Cherry or Rosewood Color would be preferable.

A Polished Platter is also in my plans.

Someday, I would like to find me a Technics SL-1500 MkII in near mint condition or in mint condition altogether.

--Charles--

George Merrill GEM-Dandy PolyTable with Jelco SA-750E tonearm & Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge. Plus: PolyWeight.

George called me yesterday to let me know he has finished building it, & the cartridge is installed, and aligned. : ready to be picked up!

I traded my three and a half year old Rega RP1, which was a really nice table, by the way. :) It got me back into spinning vinyl, and always performed flawlessly.

Last edited:
I'm just about ready to rebuild a Harmon Kardon ST-8. I'm going to document the rebuild with PLENTY of pictures. The H/K Rabco ST-8 has an extensive procedure for setup in the service manual, quite a bit more than usual. I'm only waiting on the tonearm wires and the setup jig to be delivered. The Stanton 500v2 that is on there now sounds like garbage. Thinking about the Rega Carbon. Heard good things about it. Reviews say that nothing in it's price range even comes close. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom