What TT's do you folks have

IMG_1985.JPG

My Garrard Lab 80 Mk II is now my daily turntable. Still have a few things to sort out but it's running pretty well now. Sounds fantastic even on one channel at the moment. Need to get the soldering iron out and fix the left channel. I spend more time listening to it at the moment rather than sorting it out!

Right now, just a B&O Beogram TX. It was a bit of a faff bringing it back to life. I had to reattach the metal access door and brushed steel faceplate, get a new cartridge and drive belt, readjust the suspension, and solder a wire back in place to restore the dead left channel. It sounds great now, so job well done I say.

20170101_023733_zpsk3eoslr5.jpg

For the first time in years I'm without a turntable. Just sold my Technics 1210 and deciding on what to get next. Leaning toward the Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon in Red but not 100% sure yet. Came on here to do more research.

I've been ABSOLUTELY loving my little PL115D.
It whoop's on all other decks in the house.
With everything i have..
Every cart, every amp, every speaker, every cans.
..... on a WELL isolated shelf hung by wires..
VERY sensitive to wood floors where the technics and dual decks don;t skip..
And it's all point to point wired from the cart...
I don;t think I remember seeing a cap or resister anywhere in the signal path.
Whole books could be written just about the gears and levers alone in the late 70's, early 80's Pioneer TT's/
True functional Rube Goldberg worth keeping going.
And sounf great!!Pioneer PL115D.jpg
What I like best is it's the light and small, light footprint fully suspended, walkman original good sounding belt drive.
Just ordered a new belt, synthetic grease and oil, built a solid plinth and base and waiting for tubes from Bratislava for the little dot pre.
Sliante!!

One of the last entrys.
And one favourite at least!
Technics SL-1600MKII with AT440MLb.

009.JPG

Not the last. But close.
Here's next to the last....
My 2nd and 3rd favorite decks... VTA can be good.
Rescued off a trash pile behind a pizza place-Franks "audio" and HDTV repairs....
Original cover uncracked and tossed because they were too lazy to open it up and put a new arm belt in.
Fer shame shame sergeant Carter!
Currently sounds Great with a shureV II, cambridge 640 and luxman r115.
Entirely FengShuionable, awesome, everyday use, old camp audio reliability.
Fun to tweak with dynamat, felt, clay and a glue gun.
My guess is nothing modern under $1000 maybe 2, can touch it....
Just keep some basic tools around and some skills and they run, run, run,,,,,,,
But my interest has move past THX-1138/Sleeper Silver heavy decks back to the great little PL115d i have REALLY come to enjoy listening to.
Shhhhh....
Like a TD-124,I think of it as a TT ahead of it's time.....
All i can offer is FIVE star double thumbs up recommendations for the Technics SL, Dual 7xx and Pioneer PL11x line of tried and reliable decks..

Decks.jpg

Attachments

• Pioneer TT.JPG
    Pioneer TT.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
So nice! I'm upgrading to a Scout II this month myself, coming from an Audio-Technica 120. I am considering buying that dust cover you have. Is the cover helping keep the dust out? My house is super dusty. Maybe I just need to keep a humidifier on low in my listening room.
I've only had it for a while now, so far it's working Ok.

I currently own a 1973 Dual 1228 fully automatic turntable, and it sounds fantastic... it's loud enough to rattle the windows in our house if I ever turn the volume up, though I personally think that's a bad idea........IMG_0924.JPG

One of the last entrys.
And one favourite at least!
Technics SL-1600MKII with AT440MLb.

009.JPG
I'd like one of these or even a 1700 (all of the Mk2 series). I really wasn't fan of the original series, as I find the front rotary switch knobs a turn off. The era from the early 80s that you have is my favourite. Also I never cared for the straight-arm P-Mount stuff from the late 80s onward either. You have a nice table there.

Last edited:
I have a problem is what I have lol. But I wouldnt give it up for anything. Currently have a Denon Dp-1200, 2 Dual 1219's, Dual 1019, and my daughter has a Dual CS-504.

IMG_20160322_192352.jpg IMG_20161231_171934.jpg IMG_20170109_183818.jpg IMG_20170109_195806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom