What TT's do you folks have

which is the most favored drive?
DD servo or Quartz?

Do you expect to find any differences based on the technology used? My bet is that audible differences in some concrete examples may point out to some defect that should be corrected, i.e., if both implementations are working according to design one should not hear any differences. Are you asking for opinions because you did find differences? If so, please let us know the concrete examples that draw you to this conclusion, if possible on a new thread to discuss this point.

How about BOTH? My direct-drive Denon DP-59L uses both a speed servo and Quartz lock. Is that uncommon? Why wouldn't both be used?

I have a Technics DD Quartz SL QD 33 with an RXT5 cart. It sounds as sweet as my SL 1200. The Sl QD 33 Has much warmer bass for the 70s rock. But the SL1200 has some great highs and mids.

All I am asking what is the most favored drive.
forget all the other sideways stuff and just say what you like best.
its that simple. why make it so complicated?

Personaly, I don´t favor any technology provided that it is well implemented: I´ve got idler, belt and direct drive turntables of high quality and all of them sound great to my ears! So, I am trying to understand, not trying to complicate anything!

View attachment 902306
Picked this up a few weeks ago. It's a simple TT compared to many in this thread. I believe it was entry level for Micro Seiki. I'm really digging it... the perfect table for where I'm at on this hifi journey!

There is something about veneer or wood on a turntable that makes them more pleasing. Enjoy your turntable for many years of musical bliss.

View attachment 902306
Picked this up a few weeks ago. It's a simple TT compared to many in this thread. I believe it was entry level for Micro Seiki. I'm really digging it... the perfect table for where I'm at on this hifi journey!

There is something about veneer or wood on a turntable that makes them more pleasing. Enjoy your turntable for many years of musical bliss.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I may have a silver-top Technics, but I absolutely love the look of wood on a TT.

I feel the same way... in fact, wood was kind of a big criteria for me when shopping around for a TT. What can I say, I'm a sucker for aesthetics.

Wood is the classic look that was used on the old Victrolas in the 20s up to and including today, but for whatever reason it's not as popular. This is why vintage turntables will hold a place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom