What TT's do you folks have

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by Grumpy, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Roumelio

Roumelio Active Member

That's interesting, from what I read it seemed like it was too difficult or either not nescessary. The problem doesn't seem to be with the tone arm, but the weight of it which you can fix with the appropriate head shell and cartridge. I've been wrapping my head around how to make a plinth out of a solid piece of Tasmanian Oak. Seems like I'll need to get my hands on a forstner bit with the tools I have at home to make it work.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    cratz2 likes this.
  2. best-groove

best-groove New Member

My little collection
    1x Michell GyroDec
    1x Technics SL 1000
    1x Tecnichs sp 10 Mk2 finish restored
    2x Technics sp 10 Mk2 (to be restored)
    1x JVC TT-101 (to be restored)
    1x Thorens TD 145 Mk1 (to be resored)
    A dozen arms and as many cartridges
    some step up :bigok:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. Larrypana

Larrypana New Member

1x Technics SL1200Mkii
    1x Technics SL-Q2
    1x Technics SL-5 (linear tracker)

(love Technics...uh huh!)

cratz2 and guiller like this.
  4. ChuckP

ChuckP New Member

SL5100, I have had it since 1979. Took it in for a tune up a couple of years ago and just needed a little cleaning and lubrication. With a good solid platform, I can't imagine a reason to change.

cratz2 likes this.
  5. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Picked up this pretty thing the other day for about $25. Has a Shure M93E on it. Needs belt and tune-up. Optonica
    0502170904b.jpg

cratz2, jnoyes, ScooterMcTav and 2 others like this.
  6. Sunnyboy

Sunnyboy New Member

Denon DP-59L
    Luxman PD-277
    Micro Seiki DD-40
    Micro Seiki DD-35
    Optonica RP-3636 MkII
    Thorens TD-165 MkII
    Yamaha P-350

cratz2 and chaz like this.
  7. Hufsredo

Hufsredo New Member

Denon DP60L with a DL303 cartridge Bought it in Japan in 1982.

cratz2 likes this.
  8. C6Bill

C6Bill AK Subscriber Subscriber

I like pictures :)

Just sayin, some beautiful tables being mentioned but many of these tables are also fine furniture and we all love seeing them

NeedForSpeed, cratz2 and ferninando like this.
  9. jnoyes

jnoyes Super Member

Just finished Marantz 6300. Rosewood veneer. Grado Prestige Gold.

Not a great turntable, but a good one, that is one of the prettiest of the 70's IMO

This is the third one I've restored.

I was surprised how nice the Grado is on it. I haven't been a fan of Grados I've owned before.

Jon

Attached Files:

Talon884, cratz2, best-groove and 4 others like this.
  10. jnoyes

jnoyes Super Member

Yamaha PF-800 in cherry veneer.

Shure V15 LT with some other Shure styli. Sorry I don't remember the number. Just testing that stylus. It came with an Ortofon 2M Back when I bought it and was one of the primary reasons I did.

They're pretty good turntables and obviously very different from normal Japanese tables of this vintage.

I've restored three of these, but this is the only one I have stripped and veneered. Kind of a bitch with all the various pieces and miters. Most tables are a simple five sided box.

Jon

P1050502.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  11. biw1428

biw1428 New Member

JVC L-A11 and a Technics SL-M1 I'm currently attempting to repair...what fun.

cratz2 likes this.
  12. PROMITHEAS

PROMITHEAS New Member

I have Marantz 6300 with walnut veneer.Grado Prestige Red.Good combination,with a dignified sound.

cratz2 and Smitty43 like this.
  13. mkline

mkline Member

I got 2 Denon turntables off of Ebay. One is a DP-45F and the other a DP-52F. Both work perfectly. I only had to drive 8mi. to pick up the 52 which was nice.I took the stock cartridge off my DP-300 and put it on the DP-45, and I just received a Denon DL-110 and installed it on the 52. Wow! Smooth and punchy is how I would describe it. It even got better after I remembered to switch to MC on my PRA-1500.
    Mike

Listening to a little Golden Earring - Cut
    DenonDP52F.JPG

14. The G.O.A.T.

The G.O.A.T. Audio slut...

15. ateal

ateal Well-Known Member

I've seen some great veneer jobs but this is simply stunning. I owned this model in black a while back but sold it to fund other purchases. If I saw yours I don't think I would have sold it. I would have done what you did. You should add an ebony potted Denon 103 and that would be the icing on the cake.

NeedForSpeed and cratz2 like this.
  16. ScooterMcTav

ScooterMcTav AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not quite as nice as some I see on here, but I do love these old girls. All picked up for a song, though sometimes cost more to get running than expected:

A White CEC I got from my Uncle when he downsized - this TT got me back into vinyl. Too bad that it can only be used with an amp/pre that has LF - otherwise, the woofers dance. Currently has the OEM AT-10 cartridge on it with an EVG elliptical stylus.

[​IMG]

A recent acquisition from Rotel - I traded a Sony ES Pro-Logic receiver for it. Sad to admit that I only made the trade for the aesthetics of the player. It came with an AT110 (with bad stylus), so I mounted the Denon DL-103S to it, and is now currently cartridgeless after a spur of the moment changeout last night.

[​IMG]

A Technics SL-QL5 - received in trade for a Realistic Lab 290. TT needed a lot of work, and sounds good now, but loses out to the others, so is currently out of the system(s). Cartridge in it is an AT92 with a Jico elliptical stylus in it.

[​IMG]

A Dual 1249 my wife rescued from the back of a thrift store. Still had a decent Hi-Track stylus on the original cartridge (M91ED). Put it in the main rig last night was was impressed with its mating to the Denon DL-103S cartridge. It may be getting a new plinth in the near future. It had the OEM M91 in it until last night when I tried it with the Denon.

[​IMG]

And finally, the very odd, yes somewhat compelling Garrard Lab 80 Mk II. At some point, it may get a turn with the Denon cartridge to see what it can do. I've used a few cartridges in this one, and still keep coming back to the OEM Shure M44-5 with aftermarket Nagaoka elliptical stylus:

[​IMG]

NeedForSpeed, cratz2, C6Bill and 2 others like this.
  17. Smitty43

Smitty43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Dual 1219 for me. 14943702781021401275357.jpg

18. Bubbalouie

Bubbalouie Active Member

Absolutely Stunning!! You highlighted the table with the lighting. Enjoy the music for many years.

NeedForSpeed and cratz2 like this.
  19. C6Bill

C6Bill AK Subscriber Subscriber

Beautiful tables everyone :rockon::rockon::rockon:

cratz2 and NeedForSpeed like this.
  20. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed Rock'n And Roll'n Night And Day Subscriber

SL1200 MK II, Was in bad shape, Installed new faceplate, Tone arm rewire, And dampening. Sounds and plays very nice.
    IMG_0241.JPG

cratz2, freQ(*)Oddio, C6Bill and 2 others like this.