What TT's do you folks have

It seem that I have not posted here. My selection is a Technics 1200 MK2 with KAB tonearm rewire, RCA rewire, fluid damper, power system, and polyglass mat (with Technics RGS0008 on top). I have found this to be better than any of the vintage direct drive turn tables.

I don't mean to start a huge argument, but I have found this to be hard to better at any price point sub $2k or so. Additionally, you have to do you homework to beat it at $2k+. Not all expensive turntables are valuable.

IMG_0222.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Rega RP1 which has been upgraded to beyond RP6(it has the Groovetracer Reference subplatter) with an Ortofon Quintet Blue, an AR 77-XB stock with GE VR 1000 cartridge, and a hopefully soon to be delivered Garrard Lab 80 which may receive my other GE VR 1000 cartridge.

IMG_5217.JPG IMG_5218.JPG

Have had this Dual 601 for 42 years. I had it rebuilt this last summer and am enjoying my vinyl once again. Tonight I decided I was not liking the looks of the original shipping plastic/protector in the center hub. It was yellow and stained and beginning to lift. 20 years ago. So I pulled it tonight, gave it a little spit polish and a kleenex rub. Looks like new again. That's all....

I have a pair of Technics 1200 mkii and a Pioneer PL-510a. I would love a Marantz 6300 or a Pioneer PL-570. They both are sexy as hell but go for big money on EPay.

I was looking for a vintage Pioneer PL-550 or 570, but when a 510a popped up with an amazing cartridge/stylus I had to pull the trigger. I would have paid the price for that alone so to me, it was like getting a free turntable.

I'm still looking for a Marantz / PL-570 if anyone wants to part with one :banana:

Pro-Ject Debut Catbon with 2M Red through Budgie phono pre. I like it fine as it replaced a U-Turn Orbit Basic. Moving over to a Rega soon.

I have a Technics SL-Q3.

I'm still on a question for a modern TT. I may go with Pro-Ject Debut Carbon provided I switch the 2M Red stylus with that of the Blue.

Added a Sony PS-LX510 to my collection this weekend. Will be replacing tone arm belt and swapping the cartridge for a Grado Black 1.

Currently two:
Dual 701 with Shure V15III
Sony PS LX5 with Shure V15IV

Have a few random Stanton, Grado, Shure cartridges in additional headshells...

Just re-started the obsession again, 20yrs 5months and 4 days without a turntable and hifi (notwithstanding AVR) and i've fallen off the wagon. Just bought a Sony PS-X600 Bio-Tracer with XL-88 cartridge.... Oh Dear and it starts again!!

Just re-started the obsession again, 20yrs 5months and 4 days without a turntable and hifi (notwithstanding AVR) and i've fallen off the wagon. Just bought a Sony PS-X600 Bio-Tracer with XL-88 cartridge.... Oh Dear and it starts again!!

Welcome back!

Welcome to the AK turn table forum. :)

Stay the hell out of Discogs.........

Back
Top Bottom