What TT's do you folks have

Pioneer PL-12x. I know, nothing special, but, I bought this one in 1975 or so, with money I'd earned on weekends, when I was 14 or15. Taken out of mothballs recently now that I've finished the living room cabinetry. looks and works like new, aside from the hazy dust cover. sounds great still.

1st post, BTW. Cheers

Pioneer PL-12x. I know, nothing special, but, I bought this one in 1975 or so, with money I'd earned on weekends, when I was 14 or15. Taken out of mothballs recently now that I've finished the living room cabinetry. looks and works like new, aside from the hazy dust cover. sounds great still.

1st post, BTW. Cheers

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

The woodies are the latest rage! :thumbsup:

Hi there for anyone remotely interested I use a good old technics 1210 but with a few mods.....replaced feet with foculpods,made off board PSU with good components hence much better regulation, changed stock arm for SME 309 and put a hana el moving coil cartridge in head shell. I was going to change bearing for a Mike New audio unit but searching online recently proved fruitless, maybe gone out of business, anyone know for sure? Oh also in the pipeline is a cable upgrade for the arm.Anyway I'm pleased with the performance as is so with new bearing and cable change I'm sure it can only improve! I can't compare it to any others but that ain't the point, I'm content

Hi there for anyone remotely interested I use a good old technics 1210 but with a few mods.....replaced feet with foculpods,made off board PSU with good components hence much better regulation, changed stock arm for SME 309 and put a hana el moving coil cartridge in head shell. I was going to change bearing for a Mike New audio unit but searching online recently proved fruitless, maybe gone out of business, anyone know for sure? Oh also in the pipeline is a cable upgrade for the arm.Anyway I'm pleased with the performance as is so with new bearing and cable change I'm sure it can only improve! I can't compare it to any others but that ain't the point, I'm content

:needpics:Sounds like a nice modded table

It is common on threads on this and many other forums. Please notice the big grin emoticon under each sign. We like to see what others have. Not crapping on your post. Sorry if it offended you.

I modified a walnut Sota Moonbeam with Herbies Isolation Feet, Rega RB-303 arm, AT-140LC cartridge and a Music Hall Acrylic Platter.
Love this damn thing!

index.php

Attachments

• 100_0135.JPG
    100_0135.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 556
I have a crosley with a shure m97.. i bought the crosley basically new for $20.

And the one I just bought is a adc dd1600 with a goldring
I have to change out a cap on the motor board but I'm confident
That will fix it. £20.00 plus the cost of a 22 uf 16v cap.

Hey 91r......no offence taken I'm too old n ugly for that! You gotta understand this digital technology is not my domain,will have to learn to download pics first! Discovered Mike new bearings now unavailable so may have to look at alternative but all I've seen seem lesser quality. I made my TT over a period of time bit by bit due to cost so still a work in progress; anticipate last 2 upgrades when funds allow. All best

Here's my list:

Bang and Olufsen BeoGram 5500, BeoGram 4002, and a couple other BeoGrams that were trashed in shipping to me
Technics SP-10 Mk.II in the Technics SH-10B3 base with an Infinity Black Widow Arm and a Shure V-15 Type V
I also have a Technics arm that I never installed on the SP-10 Mk.II (I think it's off an SL-1210 Mk.III or Mk.IV)
Philips AF-829 (no cartridge)
Ariston RD-20 (no cartridge currently)
Luxman PD-131 without an arm
In terms of cartridges, I believe I have an Ortofon Blue (OM-8?), a Stanton 881, a MicroAcoustics MA-282e, and maybe some others rolling around in a cabinet.

Now I am itching to get these dialed in and hooked back up.

Well, i own a Philips 677, Marantz 6100, Yamaha PF-20 and an old scott Model PS59c. But i'm in the market for some more vintage TT's and some new ones.

Back
Top Bottom