What TT's do you folks have

I just bought my first one a few weeks ago. Sanyo TP-1020. I bought it to play my Dad's LPs. I used to listen to them on his Dual when I was a teenager. I am eyeballing the U-turn Orbit.View attachment 1080765

Your Sanyo is probably a better machine than the u-turn orbit. It has better specs, the counterweight is actually calibrated, cue device isn't optional, has a strobe light, a removable headshell, has auto stop

A Rotel RP-855. I've been considering going more upscale with something like a Rega RP3, Vinyl Nirvana a Thorens TD-160, maybe a good ol' Technics 1200 or variant, or something else.

Technics SL-8
Dual 1242
Dual 502 (my favorite, had since new 1976)
Audio-technica AT-LP120
And last but not least pioneer PL-800
I have many hours of use on all and while no where near the level of so many TT owned by many on forum they have all been loved and treated as if they were.

I always seem to fall back on the simple one
My 502 its bullet proof and will track with the table at 45° its probably that I have had it 41 years or so but its so basic in design and has been a joy. I put it away in the mid 80s and had put a new TOTL empire cartridge on it. I have replaced the belt once and cabling once
Its still my fav...

Here is the jewel of all the TT's I have owned so far.
It is a Thorens TD-160 with a custom Plinth made of Mahogany, 100 year old red oak, Walnut splines, and Hard maple corner splines.
All connections in the rear are jack type inset into the wood, so there are no permanent cords attached to the table.
Recently completed. it still has a couple minor things it needs, main one being a dust cover..

thorens done 1r.png

It is a Thorens TD-160 with a custom Plinth made of Mahogany, 100 year old red oak, Walnut splines, and Hard maple corner splines.
All connections in the rear are jack type inset into the wood, so there are no permanent cords attached to the table.
Recently completed. it still has a couple minor things it needs, main one being a dust cover..

View attachment 1085772

Wow. Just, yeah, wow. First of all, as a guitarist, I have a massive appreciation for the acoustic properties and beauty of mahogany and maple. Secondly, that is museum worthy, but thankfully, someone gets to enjoy it. Thirdly--are those walnut inserts? I assume the maple is on the top edge.

Wow. Just, yeah, wow. First of all, as a guitarist, I have a massive appreciation for the acoustic properties and beauty of mahogany and maple. Secondly, that is museum worthy, but thankfully, someone gets to enjoy it. Thirdly--are those walnut inserts? I assume the maple is on the top edge.
thanks for the compliment!, yes, the spline/inserts are solid walnut, the top and bottom corner splines are maple, and I used mahogany specifically because of the acoustic properties it has when used in this application.

:) :)

My Denon DP1000 is my current and longest owned.
Technically it is a DP1200 with the stock plinth and arm.
Not too many of these stateside. I bought used 20 years ago, my guess it was bought overseas in a military PX.
I swapped out the arm output RCA cables with some AudioQuest ones, and added a “lift” device for the arm.
I use an AudioTechnica weight. This works best. These Denon’s have a tapered spindle, so a clamp really does not work.
I am using an Ortofon 2M Black MM.
The table and performance is solid, my only wish was that the platter was completely flat.....It has a raised center ring the size of an LP label, which makes it hard to upgraded the mat from the stock molded rubber one.....
.2BFC3DB9-60DC-4605-8A40-C86C6052434D.jpeg3CA1C1F2-D561-41EC-B3C2-E0BC958DEADB.jpeg

Pro ject rm5se
Technics sl1300
Technics sld20
I love my two technics decks! They are like old buddies. The pro ject looks sooo cool though with its teardrop plinth and those feet! Oh man!

View attachment 1085772

Stunning and original!

19507630821_e92c4576f0_c.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/vHPH1r
Rega RP6 with Exact 2

Back
Top Bottom