What TT's do you folks have

Mine is a Rotel RP2500 in mint condition. Looking to do some mods to it. Going to send out the plinth to a guy in Texas to have one made out of solid wood. Planning on upgrading the cables and cartridge at that time. Currently running a Audio-Technica - Dual Magnet Phonograph Cartridge - Green. Just getting back into vinyl.

MarantzTT15S.jpg MarantzTT15S.jpg My newest TurnTable Marantz TT15S1 made from Clear Audio. Dustcover made from me.

LencoL85_2.jpg
My Lenco L85 with Dustcover made from me.

PaladiumClosed.jpg
PaladiumOpened.jpg
WholeSystemSmallRoom.jpg

Palladium 7000 made by MicroSeiki with original Dustcover and my whole system in smaller listening room. Amp is Pioneer A-9, 2 CD-Refference Fisher AD-Z1 and Audio Aero Capitol, GogoAudio Vacuum Single end Amp and my Revox A77 Mk.IV Reel-To-Reel. Audio Rack is self made too. Looking for Tamplates to make myself Heavy wooden plinth for Lenco L85. Will appreciate any help!

Last edited:
Pioneer PL-115D Turntable with a Sony Receiver and JVC speakers that somehow made it from overseas to me and a JBL 10" Sub... great System
Two of these. I have had the one in the photo for about 38 years. I bought it with the SME 3009 but like the BW much more.

View attachment 1079452
Hi, could you give me a Link where I can buy such a Cork plater cover with a nice picture. I can read something starting with TAZ... Thank you in advance.

G
Thorens TD 160 Mk1
Denon DL-110
Bolivian Rosewood plinth and a few other tricks

38232952074_e00306e6b6_h.jpg

Rega RP6
Benz Micro Gold
A plethora of other mods

29519472622_68868cca3b_b.jpg

32880227666_763a7887e9_b.jpg
Gorgeous Thorens.

Heres a short list of mine.

Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave

Quite a comprehensive selection There is a big Garrard following but only on a few models which I can’t remember, but they soup them up a bit and usually make a new plinth and swear by the incredible sound

Hi, could you give me a Link where I can buy such a Cork plater cover with a nice picture. I can read something starting with TAZ... Thank you in advance.
That cane from Tel aviv, Tazstudio they sell on Etsy. Its ok, the cork isn't very dense and there is no recess for a LP lable. After listening to it for awhile I do not think, at least with the KD500 cork is the right choice. I will give it to my nephew for the Systemdek IIX. Maybe it will work better there.

I've only got 3. I feel inadequate at times. Then I throw a record on and turn it up!!

All pics are just interweb grabs.

Garrard 82 for $25. Right channel has a hum that I need to run down.

Technics SL-D2 for $70. Came with a low mileage Shure Premier cartidge. Nice solid machine.

Technics SL-1360 for $140. Paid that since it is both rare and a stacker model. It didn't come with the standard spindle or 45 adapter but it did come with the hard to find stacker spindle that works. It also came with an Empire 2000E/III that recently had the needle break off. Looking for a good replacement stylus or NOS. Using a Shure M97xE at the moment and am happy with the results. Runs very smooth whether in manual through full auto.

Attachments

• Garrard 82.jpg
    Garrard 82.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 58
  • SL-D2_2.jpg
    SL-D2_2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 56
  • SL-1360_1.jpg
    SL-1360_1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 57
Music Hall mmf-2.2 w/Tracker cartridge (soon to be upgraded to Grado Blue2)
U-Turn Pluto (soon to be replaced by Schiit Mani or Pro-Ject Tube Box S2)

Heres a short list of mine.

Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave
Grumpy,
What are your thoughts on the Marantz 6300 that you own?
I have a 6300 and it looks and sounds awesome. I know that it isn't quarts locked has that ever been an issue for you?

Just finished "restoring" a Denon 57L DD - just needed a cleanup, new output cables and "feet". Runs and sounds great - using a AT 440ML which seems to suit it well. Would till like to try the "original Denon MM cartridge with it...

Just joined the forum - appreciate the knowledge I'm picking up here....

Back
Top Bottom