What TT's do you folks have

Michell Odyssey TT modified by me
y4mOoy_npexmCBjKZXR4JItCNXHITjgTt0yNLOT6rFcWO-IuoJMMD_iYjW6N3apXaEKbrYjeUQvvDOEOZlZ9v0bKegOQkE5AU3uB3AyWEg8A4RdImRuzMCh6y5f9UEbZA_YnXLmSjn97jechT-yVYS5D0cIJeVIheZGa3E-OWQbOAwQmkmaxyrQSw9TpFkLj1Ls0ZLiauzx98n-uc6ULKx2Xg

Last edited:
I did one of these for a mate. American Walnut veneer, Alu feet and clear removeable lid:

View attachment 1433302

Nice, what did you do to it? Did you veneer it?

On mine, the bar that raised the tonearm is not level, so when it gets to the end of the album and the bar lifts the tonearm crooked, which then slides back onto the music grooves. I should be able to fix it, I just need to get out there and do it.

the Michell i own has several up grades , all the bearings were changed to ceramic , further spiders were added, the armboard is 100% carbon fiber , with a perspex spacer , the motor pod and motor now weigh 3kg with the addition of a bronze spacer to keep the belt at the correct height and the suspension was replaced with a o ring version i make,

Nice, what did you do to it? Did you veneer it?

On mine, the bar that raised the tonearm is not level, so when it gets to the end of the album and the bar lifts the tonearm crooked, which then slides back onto the music grooves. I should be able to fix it, I just need to get out there and do it.

Correct. Walnut veneer. The original timber was actually very think.

View attachment 1418098
My recently restored SL-1310MK2, with reloop dust cover.
Hey 4300! Those are excellent tables!
You said you just restored this table, do you have a source for parts? I need the display that the buttons are in, when I was going through mine, I was just checking that everything is tight and over did it and cracked the plastic. Other than that, a great TT.

Technics sp-15 with homemade plinth and Rega rb-202 with Pebbles weight. The plinth is four layers of MDF with Formica top and walnut veneered sides. Just finished it this morning. I think it's around 40 pounds as pictured. Now I just need a 12 inch arm for the left side.
0307191604a_Film1.jpg 0307191049c_Film1.jpg 0307191604d_Film1.jpg 0307191604f_Film1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom