What tubeamp works together with Fisher 49-T ?

Judde2

tube is best
I have bought this Radio/preamp from The Fisher on an auction here in Sweden. It has been in a consol together with a poweramp. From another thread on the tubeforum I have now got the name of the consol it comes from. Its a Fischer Electra VIII and the Radiopreamp is a 49-T.I include a picture of it. Its from 1965 I believe.
( The picture is borrowed because I cannot upload same picture 2 times here ) Originally it took power from 49-A Amp, but I want to know if there is other amps that I can use ? Other Fisher model´s ?
I have not much electronic-building experience and would be happy for an amp that doesnt require so much change to work with the 49-T.

Many thanks

Attachments

• CE6.jpg
    CE6.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
As far as I know, there are two amps that would would work directly with the 49-T without modifications. the 49-A and the 59-A from the FUTURA VI. They are both Hybrids. Due to them having Transistor finals, the Power Transformer is somewhat different than previous years. You might be able to make a 490a, 680a tube amps from previous years work with minor or major modifications, and you'll need the schematics from both to make the changes. The 49T DOES NOT have a transformer, so you'll need an amp that can handle the extra load of the 49T.

Nothing wrong with the 49-A or the 59-A amps. So they have a FINAL Stage that is transistorized. I have both in use daily, along with a FISHER 400, and to tell you the truth, the differences in sound are negligible. Like I said on the other post, try it, you might be pleasantly surprised, unless you absolutely have to have all tube and are dead set on all tube. Hybrids are something else, a bit of both. But they do sound more tubey.

Larry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom