What tuners look cool in the dark?

though not a tuner, it looks cool (though the photo isn't so great)

I got one of those a few years ago sorta as a joke on the wife. I would kid her about the atmasphere a lava lamp and some bean bags would create. Talk about the stink eye, but she knew I was kidding. Then I saw this thing for $10 and couldn't pass it up. She actually likes it "occasionally".

You don't want a marriage to get dull. Just knowing that everyday when she comes home, there is always a chance some bean bags may be here, well, I do my part. :)

I don't have it yet or else I'd post a pic of it in the dark, but I think my new Nikko FAM-800 will end up being an awfully pretty face when all the lights are out!

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the big Sansui G receivers, 8000, 9000, 22000, 33000. Not the best picture and not in a dark room but here's my previous G-8000. In a dark room the Sansui logo and model number are backlit and look sweet.
attachment.php

Fm-200bnight.jpg

My Fisher FM-200b at dusk. At least most of it (don't currently have a full picture of it). I love this tuner, it totally made me rethink the abilities of FM as a source. These are beautiful tuners you all have!

Many consider the FM-200B Fisher's best tuner.

I at one time had a PAnasonic stereo 8 track that had two round dials (one for AM and one for FM) that lit up IIRC in a combination of red and blue with orange dial pointer. I also liked the looks of my Sansui 4000 receiver after replacing the white meter bulbs with green LEDS. My Fisher 202 Futura serues receiver looked nice in the dark with the station numbers glowing blue and an orange dial pointer. My Scott LT-110 tuner is ok in the looks department although some colored baynonette base bulbs would be nice.

I am glad I found this thread.

For about a year I have this longing for a bluer-than-blue analogue tuner.
Just to look at in the dark. I have a good digital tuner (which I don't use that much anymore, anyway).

I remember the audio fairs I went to in the mid-seventies.
I didn't have a use for a tuner then, but I remember the blue mesmerizing glow of Marantz and possibly Pioneer tuners.

Earlier and later Marantz models don't seem to have this.

Just to say I'm glad I'm not alone:yes:

Back
Top Bottom