What was (is?) the best of the best casette deck?

Not the best ever I'm sure, but happy to get my repaired Akai GX-95 back in the system later today! Soundwise I think it's just a little behind the Big Three (Tandberg, Nakamichi, Revox)

GX-95 sounds like new and right now just betters my Nakamichi Bx-300e. Clear crisp sound yet full bodied.
Any deck has to better this to be called a great one!
Having written this I do still love the Tandberg sound!

I have had Nakamichi CR-7, Tandbeg, Teac Z7000, Tandberg TCD 3014, Pioneer CT-F1250 and Aiwa AD-F990, Maybe I'm wrong, but Aiwa AD-F990 was best for me. Amazing sound quality, full automated. I used it for 5-6 years without any fail in recording. Most ease to operate highest category deck I have met.

Glad to hear you like the Aiwa best ... I picked up a AD-F770 at GW and replaced the belts, and was very impressed with the sound. I've got a Pioneer CT-F1000 sitting on a shelf awaiting belts ... never heard one before, so I'm curious how it will compare to the Aiwa.

I have had Nakamichi CR-7, Tandbeg, Teac Z7000, Tandberg TCD 3014, Pioneer CT-F1250 and Aiwa AD-F990, Maybe I'm wrong, but Aiwa AD-F990 was best for me. Amazing sound quality, full automated. I used it for 5-6 years without any fail in recording. Most ease to operate highest category deck I have met.

...oooohps ? Aiwa AD F990 better then all the other ? I own one in exquisit condition, but I never came to the Idea that it comes close to my BX300B, Aiwa XK009M, Pio 1250M, Revox B215S, Dragon or even one of my NAD 6300 ?

Without tweaks its unfortunately in my ears pure middleclass :thumbsdn:

Back
Top Bottom