"What was that song I just heard on the radio??"

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
Check this out, this is awesome....

If you hear a song on the radio, and want to know what it is, try www.yes.net . They have complete station playlists from around the country....it's simply amazing! Just pick your city, your station, and the time of day that the song was on the radio....and the title and artist instantly comes up!

Cool! :beerchug:

Kam,

That is just too cool. I tried it and like it! They have the playlist for about 12 stations in the Norfolk, Va area. It even told me what the song was that is currently playing. Amazing!

Ken

The other morning, I was listening to 90.1 in the South Jersey area. It's Temple Radio (broadcast from Temple U. in Filthadelphia) and in the morning it's classical. Anyhow, the only thing I caught from the announcer was this.......

"....was broadcast LIVE from The King Kong Room in The Empire State Building." Then he played an awesome piece of music. I knew I had heard it before, and finally realized what it was. It was the score from the original "King Kong", and now I MUST HAVE THAT PIECE!

I lived in Brooklyn for 27 years, and never visited The Empire State Building. Had I known there was a "King Kong Room", I would've had more than a few glasses of rum in there. Closest I ever came to the "King" was in the 70's. My friend Joe Azzara had a Lotus, and we used to drive it down the runways at the dormant Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn. In the original movie, the airplanes that gunned him off the top of The Empire State Building took off from Floyd Bennett Field.

No comments on the re-make, it sucked. All the re-makes suck in my opinion, every single one.

Toasted Almond

Hi Toasted,

That was classic Max Steiner.

Back in the days when films had real scores composed by real composers, not the crap that passes for a film soundtrack these days.

One of the best versions of the Kong score can be found on:

Now, Voyager ...The Classic Film Scores of Max Steiner
Charles Gerhardt...National Philharmonic Orchestra
RCA GD80136

OOP but may still be available.

There's also a complete version (?) on the Marco Polo label but I haven't heard it so can't comment on it's quality.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...-8483237?v=glance&s=classical#product-details

cheerio

Originally posted by Kamakiri
Check this out, this is awesome....

If you hear a song on the radio, and want to know what it is, try www.yes.net .

Cool! :beerchug:

Cool, but also a comment on the sad state of radio today. Ever call for a request and you hear sorry it isn't on our play list.

X

Michael W.,

THANKS A MILLION! You're a prince. I will add that piece to my collection. Nice to know there are others on this forum that enjoy the classics (I knew about Thatch)!

Let's see, Max Steiner, and Elmer Bernstein. Two of my favorites at this point. Must be the "stein" in them huh?

George

Back
Top Bottom