What was the best receiver turntable all in one system?

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by jim t, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dazaa

Dazaa Well-Known Member

An example of the Aiwa and Akais I've seen. It was actually a shame to leave them, hopefully the market will one day appreciate the decent ones.

Attached Files:

Rockon1 and Ds2000 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. electronjohn

electronjohn Plug it in & see!! Subscriber

Still kick myself for not getting a really nice Centrex system at a garage sale about 10 years ago. They wanted $20...I offered $10, then $15 but they wouldn't budge. Should've just paid the $20.

Ds2000 likes this.
  3. redjr

redjr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Wasn't the Zenith Allegro supposed to be a fairly respectable 'all in one' back in the day?

upload_2018-3-9_18-23-17.jpeg

Ds2000 likes this.
  4. alteclipsch

alteclipsch Super Member

I had a KLH Model Twenty that sounded terrific until it dropped a channel. Bring unable to repair it and unwilling to invest big money in it, I sold it to a guy who had the expertise for it.

5. hnash53

hnash53 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll bet the OP really, really appreciated your post... geez.

beat_truck likes this.
  6. Vintagecheap

Vintagecheap AK Subscriber Subscriber

I laughed when I first saw the title of this post. I had no idea that there were so many quality all in ones, and it reminded me of a KLH I had in the early 90's, unfortunately with some crappy speakers that weren't KLH. Anyway- thanks for sharing all these great systems I didn't know existed. Always love the learning in this group!

Please register to disable this ad.

7. the skipper

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

KLH Model 11 suitcase stereo. I remember selling these in '68. I think this was the great grand daddy of QUALITY compact stereos.

KLH Suitcase Stereo.jpg

8. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

9. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

When I had a cheap Lloyd's, I dreamed of upgrading to Clarinette.

[​IMG]

Ds2000 likes this.
  10. stereoguy70

stereoguy70 Well-Known Member

HH Scott made a nice one way back when ........I had a Sony HP-550 from 1967 that was good build quality and sounded nice as well.....but the best of all of those old "all-in-one" compact stereo systems was and still is KLH. Good build quality, easy to fix when the time comes, parts availability with replacement component values is still good, and the fantastic speakers you got with them was the best part. Henry knew he was onto something with the Model Eleven "suitcase".....I'm sure the first dorm rooms to use them were @ MIT and Harvard back in the day....and then to offer home versions was pure genius.