what was the first cd you bought?

First Buys

Grew up in the country were traditional Country music was the norm.

Perchased the following three Lp's same day:

Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits
Iron Butterfly - In a Gadda Di Vida
Cream - Disraeli Gears

What a day.:D :D

First CD Allman Brothers Greatest Hits package The Road Goes On etc.

Last edited:
John Cougar-Mellencamp, Scarecrow, and Kansas Greatest Hits, each were about $30. :eek:
I didn't even own a cd player at that point, but my cousin had just got one for his birthday. Needless to say I started hanging out at his place a LOT more often untill I finally got my own. :cool:

I just suddenly feel a bit old. I started reading about y'all buying albums like Dick Dale and I think "Jeez, that was years ago" then I realize add 10 years or so to my age and that could be me. Hey, I didn't say I felt as old as many of you are...I just said I felt a bit old. :p: Anyway, my first album was Full Tilt, yep K-Tel in all it's glory. However, soon after that I bought Queen-Play the Game, so that would be the first real album......or does Dimensions by K-Tel count? My first CD was either Hooters-Nervous Nights or Prince-Around the World in a Day both of which I bought to play on my new CD boombox to celebrate graduating Infantry School and starting Jump School way back in '86. I was so impressed with how "crispity" the cd's sounded, I thought the end of records was at hand. I still have both cd's, though I now have both on vinyl as well and only play the cd's for old time's sake.
And if I remember correctly my first cassette was Beach Boys-Spirit of America.....still my favorite BB album, though the cassette sounds better than the vinyl..go figure :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom