What was the last movie you watched?

It seems like most people posting to this thread don't go to theaters to watch new movies. Am I wrong?

It seems like most people posting to this thread don't go to theaters to watch new movies. Am I wrong?
The movies are $10 it is the popcorn and soda pop and one chocolate bar that is expensive...last time I went I had to take out a second mortgage on the house!

I take a chance and buy movies and hope for the best! I used to pay $1.15 Cdn went I went and I think it was Popeye/Raiders of the Lost Arc...

I love the theater by my house, new sound less seats that are huge and recline (motorized). I just can't find time to get there. Last movie for me and my 13yr/old daughter was the new Ghostbusters. She loved it until I pointed out youtube clips of the original, the she changed her mind and we have a date for the old one.

I love the theater by my house, new sound less seats that are huge and recline (motorized). I just can't find time to get there. Last movie for me and my 13yr/old daughter was the new Ghostbusters. She loved it until I pointed out youtube clips of the original, the she changed her mind and we have a date for the old one.
Ha ha she knows her movies!! I love Bill Murray! Stripes I watch that once in awhile! Love Escape from New York ... reminds me of some of the towns I lived in and was trying to get past 'the Duke'!

Ha ha she knows her movies!! I love Bill Murray! Stripes I watch that once in awhile! Love Escape from New York ... reminds me of some of the towns I lived in and was trying to get past 'the Duke'!

The characters on the new one just didn't gel like the old one. She even pointed out the old effects looked more realistic than the new one.

The characters on the new one just didn't gel like the old one. She even pointed out the old effects looked more realistic than the new one.
They must of borrowed an old eFX machine then that explains that!!! ha ha ... I have never seen that one and will not only because some of the retakes just ruin your good moments with the original and sometimes you many need to see a shrink to tell you that the original will always be better !! ha ha

Your post was cute though and kudo's to your daughter IMO about new vs old!

They must of borrowed an old eFX machine then that explains that!!! ha ha ... I have never seen that one and will not only because some of the retakes just ruin your good moments with the original and sometimes you many need to see a shrink to tell you that the original will always be better !! ha ha

Your post was cute though and kudo's to your daughter IMO about new vs old!

I've forced my kids to watch all the 80's classics whether they like them or not...lol.

Go With Me or Blackway

Sparse story about an unlikely three musketeers versus the local troublemaker. Subtle for the genre. This could have easily been a turkey. It is saved by being a little restrained. Not great but watchable.

4871572-m.jpg

Too expensive, too noisy, and new movies are usually crap. $10 to stand in a line and then view a bad movie while people around you talk and text isn't worth it, especially after I as introduced to the wonderful world of KODI.

A regular Sunday outing for us. Fathom Events classic, try to see all the Oscar nominees, or an art house or foreign film. Then early Sunday dinner out, usually with a BOGO coupon, lol. Can't duplicate the big screen experience at home.
This.

I'm lucky enough to live in a college town with a University/Indie theatre as well. I've never seen a home theatre, no matter how big, that looked anywhere as good as the big screen. Plus, it's a chance to get out with a friend, my kids, or my wife and experience something together. At home I get distracted, someone needs to pause to get snacks or go to the bathroom, the phone rings, etc. As long as there are theatres near me, I'll go.

We probably go to an actual cinema 3 times a month; it's date night for us. Usually it's fine, but having a Marvel film with lots of explosions in the theater next door can be aggravating. We too are lucky to have Independent films within range. There's no substitute for the big screen!

We probably go to an actual cinema 3 times a month; it's date night for us. Usually it's fine, but having a Marvel film with lots of explosions in the theater next door can be aggravating. We too are lucky to have Independent films within range. There's no substitute for the big screen!

Glad I'm not alone.

You are right. The walls in these mall multi-screeners are thin. Independent theaters are a real plus. We're luck to have a good one 50 minutes away. We get to NYC maybe three times a year, and the IFC Center is movie heaven.

Deepwater Horizon

Recreation of the events leading up to and the genesis of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The second half is gripping.

images

A regular Sunday outing for us. Fathom Events classic, try to see all the Oscar nominees, or an art house or foreign film. Then early Sunday dinner out, usually with a BOGO coupon, lol. Can't duplicate the big screen experience at home.

That's cool, Chicks. I'm not big on actually going to the theater, but my girlfriend is an addict. It's a regular Saturday afternoon venue for her in Hawaii, and I understand that.
When I'm on the mainland, I never go unless it's something I just absolutely can't wait to see. I didn't spend all that money on a media room in my Florida pad for nothing. There is an "artsy" theater near me in Florida that shows a lot of "Indies" and imports. I sometimes frequent that, but not often.

The Battered Bastards of Baseball
A documentary on Netflix about the mid 70's single A independent baseball team owned by Kurt Russel's father, Bing.
I absolutely loved it. An absolute must see if you're even a casual baseball fan.

Back
Top Bottom