What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by outlawmws, Feb 18, 2007.

1. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Atomic Blonde - Spy vs Spy in Berlin on the verge of the wall coming down. Great soundtrack (if you like that era of music) a bit brutal and bloody, good fight and car sequences - kind of a nice spin on the usual east vs West stories ...
    reminds its time to watch The Third Man again ...

2. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

All the money in the world.
    Somewhat dramatized, but well done. The nightmare of every wealthy person in an insecure divided world, the division is relative but real.

3. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member Subscriber

The Sun Shines Bright. A little picture with a modest cast that John Ford made for his own amusement. Aging Civil War veteran Judge Billy Priest runs for re-election in very early 20th Century Kentucky and deals with a dying whore and her funeral, the illegitimate granddaughter of a reclusive ex Confederate general, an attempted lynching, the GAR and a changing time in which the bloody shirt and “an empty sleeve or a gimpy knee” no longer matter to voters. Melancholy yet optimistic. Much quiet emotion. Nice photography by Archie Stout.

74F56E0E-78DC-4F4F-A59A-7A52F8A437E2.jpeg 1C0A0A79-2E5A-4E3D-8052-9287A4BEEBF8.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    guiller likes this.
  4. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

Slugs (1988)

Classic '80s B movie cheese.:D Giant mutated flesh eating slugs grow in the sewer and come up through the toilets and sinks and attack people and whatever else gets in their way.:rflmao: Complete with bad acting, dumb dialog, gratuitous nudity, and LOTS of fake blood. Amazingly, I just read that it was actually based on a novel.:eek: Fairly entertaining and far from the worst thing I've ever seen. I vaguely remember seeing it as a little kid, probably on USA Up All Night.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    tubed and guiller like this.
  5. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

American Assassin

JB Fluff. A new category. Whether it be James Bond or Jason Bourne, JB Fluff combines elements of either or both. Thus presenting a derivative action hero who embraces rebelling against the Three Letter Agency whilst fighting the bad guys and protecting Humanity. Watchable but derivative.

[​IMG]

6. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

Graveyard Disturbance (1987)
    An Italian made for TV horror/comedy movie that didn't do a very good job at either category. Just dull and stupid. Not the good Italian horror cheese that I expected and normally enjoy. It felt kind of like a rip off/combination of the Goonies and Scooby Doo. I think they blew half of the budget running the fog machines through almost the entire movie.:rflmao:

7. Stefus_Prime

Stefus_Prime Member

The LOTR trilogy last week. I put it off for a good 10 years so I figured it was a good time to binge watch it all haha. Never realized how useless Frodo was.

Hyfi and fredgarvin like this.
  8. theophile

The Mountain between Us

I got surprised by this movie. I honestly didn't know how it would end up. Nor the genre that it evolves into. I watched it all the way to the end. They did a good job keeping me engaged. That must count for something.

[​IMG]

9. slow_jazz

slow_jazz Lunatic Member

Just watched Molly's Game last night.

Very well done movie and mostly true.

10. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Well-Known Member

He cries far too much.

Stefus_Prime likes this.
  11. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Well-Known Member

We watched the Shining again with a different subtext to examine this time. The child abuse of Danny angle is interesting. It provides some answers to obscurities in the plot.

12. Hyfi

Hyfi Super Member

Yeah, I watched it last weekend and enjoyed it. Both characters were really good. I just would have wanted one more scene at the end where they have both and the dog all together

13. KeninDC

KeninDC Speedfreak Jive Subscriber

White Lightning (1973). Burt Reynolds with his shirt off. Southern. Burt had to "fight like hell" to get Ned Beatty in the flick. Movie could have used more Ned. Not bad, but I'm in no hurry to see Gator.

Is Gator any better? Or just more of the same?

14. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

The Return Of Josey Wales (1986)

A low budget, almost totally unknown sequel to The Outlaw Josey Wales. It was apparently filmed and released straight to VHS and has never been released on modern media. I have an original VHS copy I found a few years ago at Salvation Army that I never watched and nearly forgot about until I saw it on Youtube. It's watchable, but not very good at all. No Clint Eastwood.:thumbsdown: BLAND story, characters, acting and writing.:boring: Some half hearted attempts at comedy that failed miserably. Hard to follow at times due to the poor writing, HORRENDOUS sound quality, and poor night time filming. I've seen movies from the early 30s that had as good or better SQ, and low budget movies from the 50s that looked WAY better.:no: I just tried my VHS copy and it is a little better quality than what's on Youtube. Maybe I'll rewatch it again someday and see if I get anything more out of it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  15. theophile

I liked your first draft better beat truck.

beat_truck likes this.
  16. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

My curiosity got the best of me.:crazy::D

17. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

18. CGriswald308

CGriswald308 New Member

[​IMG]

I haven't watched a movie in almost 3 weeks.

Having said that, I think I may re-watch Slapshot tonight.

tubed likes this.
  19. judsonw

judsonw Active Member

Last night, a local indie theatre put on a small tribute to Buster Keaton. There was a 15 minute lecture about Keaton and then they showed "Playhouse", "Cops", and "Sherlock, Jr". Playhouse was inventive, Cops was my least favorite of the three, and Sherlock, Jr remains my favorite.

guiller likes this.
  20. brian222

brian222 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hunt for Red October. Didn't mean to watch it again but it always gets my attention.

Bill Ferris and guiller like this.