1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by outlawmws, Feb 18, 2007.

1. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

We watched the Shining again with a different subtext to examine this time. The child abuse of Danny angle is interesting. It provides some answers to obscurities in the plot.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Hyfi

Hyfi Addicted Member

Yeah, I watched it last weekend and enjoyed it. Both characters were really good. I just would have wanted one more scene at the end where they have both and the dog all together

3. KeninDC

KeninDC Speedfreak Jive Subscriber

White Lightning (1973). Burt Reynolds with his shirt off. Southern. Burt had to "fight like hell" to get Ned Beatty in the flick. Movie could have used more Ned. Not bad, but I'm in no hurry to see Gator.

Is Gator any better? Or just more of the same?

4. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

The Return Of Josey Wales (1986)

A low budget, almost totally unknown sequel to The Outlaw Josey Wales. It was apparently filmed and released straight to VHS and has never been released on modern media. I have an original VHS copy I found a few years ago at Salvation Army that I never watched and nearly forgot about until I saw it on Youtube. It's watchable, but not very good at all. No Clint Eastwood.:thumbsdown: BLAND story, characters, acting and writing.:boring: Some half hearted attempts at comedy that failed miserably. Hard to follow at times due to the poor writing, HORRENDOUS sound quality, and poor night time filming. I've seen movies from the early 30s that had as good or better SQ, and low budget movies from the 50s that looked WAY better.:no: I just tried my VHS copy and it is a little better quality than what's on Youtube. Maybe I'll rewatch it again someday and see if I get anything more out of it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

I liked your first draft better beat truck.

beat_truck likes this.
  6. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

My curiosity got the best of me.:crazy::D

7. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

8. CGriswald308

CGriswald308 New Member

[​IMG]

I haven't watched a movie in almost 3 weeks.

Having said that, I think I may re-watch Slapshot tonight.

tubed likes this.
  9. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

Last night, a local indie theatre put on a small tribute to Buster Keaton. There was a 15 minute lecture about Keaton and then they showed "Playhouse", "Cops", and "Sherlock, Jr". Playhouse was inventive, Cops was my least favorite of the three, and Sherlock, Jr remains my favorite.

guiller likes this.
  10. brian222

brian222 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hunt for Red October. Didn't mean to watch it again but it always gets my attention.

RDecartridge, Bill Ferris and guiller like this.
  11. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

Dead Poets Society (1989)
    (Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard, Ethan Hawke)

English teacher John Keating inspires his students to look at poetry with a different perspective of authentic knowledge and feelings. - IMDb

I saw this one a looong time ago and managed to catch it again a few days ago.

Enjoyed it more the second time around.

Great flick! :thumbsup:

12. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

Silent Rage

13. Bruins

Bruins Active Member

This movie was great
    "Hot Dam, Rye Dirt, Ya'll Better Get Your Ass Against The Bar"

14. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

The Mountain Between Us
    Never got into it.

15. I participated in a Po marathon with my four-year-old son this afternoon/evening. We watched Kung Fu Panda 1, 2, and 3. It's an excellent franchise featuring story lines that can grab and hold the attention of children and adults alike.

2008:
    Kung Fu Panda 1.jpg

2011:
    Kung Fu Panda 2.jpg

2016:
    Kung Fu Panda 3.jpg

16. rkgren1

rkgren1 Well-Known Member

I am not much of a movie watcher.
    But week before last I bought a copy of "Fight Club" at GW for $0.50.
    Excellent movie.
    That ending...I did not see that coming. :)

tubed and hi*ball like this.

17. KeninDC

KeninDC Speedfreak Jive Subscriber

The Outsiders (1983). Francis Ford Coppola directed this (and Rumblefish). Based on the S.E. Hinton novel that was written when she was in high school. So there's lots of melodrama and some corny narrative tricks like the school fire that makes the fugitive boys heroes. Plenty of overacting and narrative gaps. Bit it is a fun watch of you grew up with those actors (Swayze, Dillon, Cruise, Macchio, Lowe, Esteves, and a cute Diane Lane).

tubed and darkblue94 like this.
  18. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

Train To Busan (2016)
    Basically a South Korean version of World War Z, except on a less grand scale. It was surprisingly good.:eek: It actually had characters I gave a damn about, decent acting, and OK effects. I liked it BETTER than WWZ, which I guess isn't necessarily saying a lot.:biggrin: It was recommended on another forum, otherwise I would have never known about it, or I would have overlooked it, figuring it was total crap. The only things I didn't like were the subtitles, and the zombies were the modern, fast, dinosaur shrieking, milky contact wearing type. I like the slow, Romero style zombies better.:thumbsup:

guiller and KeninDC like this.
  19. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed Scared? Don’t Worry, I’m Here Subscriber

Enter The Dragon, Longtime favorite

Bill Ferris and Bruins like this.
  20. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

I’m a new Netflix subscriber so if the movie your listing was viewed on there I’d love to know it. As you were.

tubed likes this.