What was the last movie you watched?

Insidious - The Last Key. Not as menacing as the original movie. Cheap thrills mostly with quite predictable 'boo' moments. I think this was the last key in the lock of this franchise.

Annihilation - Natalie Portman. Weird sci-fi flick, beautiful cinematography, very good sound track, quite possibly the strangest movie I've seen in a long time. A bit of a cross between The Happening, Arrival, Stranger Things and a few other mind bending sci-fi flicks. I honestly don't know how to rate it, but it did keep me watching until the end.
I've just discovered clips from it on YouToob and the soundtrack and sound effects are great. the Bear was especially intense.

Last night - Wind River - Worth watching
Tonight an old favorite on mute with Buxtehude organ music for a soundtrack while at the worktable
28827657_2121824108048408_3050292832603850334_o.jpg

Sunset Boulevard (1950)
(William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim)

A screenwriter is hired to rework a faded silent film star's script, only to find himself developing a dangerous relationship. - IMDb

The acting was top-notch, movie sets were A1, and just a great story in general. ..... I really felt sorry for her in some parts of the movie.

Yet another "Oldie but goodie". Highly recommended.

:thumbsup:

Sunset Boulevard (1950)
(William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim)

A screenwriter is hired to rework a faded silent film star's script, only to find himself developing a dangerous relationship. - IMDb

The acting was top-notch, movie sets were A1, and just a great story in general. ..... I really felt sorry for her in some parts of the movie.

Yet another "Oldie but goodie". Highly recommended.

:thumbsup:
One of my favorites of all time. Billy Wilder was The Man.

JUMANJI with Dwayne Johnson. Not a great movie by any stretch but entertaining and better than the original with Robin Williams.

De helleveeg (The fury) (2016) a film by André van Duren, starring Hannah Hoekstra, Hadewych Minis, Anneke Blok and Benja Bruijning.Based on the novel by A.F.Th. Van der Heijden . Excellent film!

MV5BMWQyYmE3NDUtNzBkNi00ZWM1LTgzZmUtYWY5OGYyYmQzMTA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg1Nzg2NjM@._V1_SY999_CR0,0,701,999_AL_.jpg

"Despite the Falling Snow" on Showtime. Lame attempt at a Cold War thriller. I gave up after 40 minutes.

514yqJLCZLL.jpg

enjoyed this one , about the venice beach skateboard scene in the mid 70's, great soundtrack of music from the stooges,bowie,hendrix, sabbath,pink floyd

I too enjoyed this one. As a young skateboarder myself in the mid 70’s, Tony Alva was The Man.
Tracker Trucks n Kryptonics. Stokers.

The Disaster Artist

I have come to the conclusion that I am probably entirely the wrong person to be watching this film. The reason: This film is about the making of a real actual film called The Room. Yeah So what's the problem? I've never even heard of The Room. I didn't even know it existed before today until I skimmed a little information about Disaster Artist.

Just started watching. This'll be interesting(even if it isn't interesting).

TheDisastorArtistTeaserPoster.jpg

The Disaster Artist

I have come to the conclusion that I am probably entirely the wrong person to be watching this film. The reason: This film is about the making of a real actual film called The Room. Yeah So what's the problem? I've never even heard of The Room. I didn't even know it existed before today until I skimmed a little information about Disaster Artist.

Just started watching. This'll be interesting(even if it isn't interesting).

You have never heard of the Room? It is regarded by some as the worst movie, ever. :D

This movie is sure to be batter than the Room.

Annihilation - Natalie Portman. Weird sci-fi flick, beautiful cinematography, very good sound track, quite possibly the strangest movie I've seen in a long time. A bit of a cross between The Happening, Arrival, Stranger Things and a few other mind bending sci-fi flicks. I honestly don't know how to rate it, but it did keep me watching until the end.

This movie screamed "sequel coming" right at the end. Much better flick than I thought it would be.

Back
Top Bottom