What was the last movie you watched?

In The Heart of the Sea - (A Ron Howard film). The Essex tragedy,
the real life backstory where Herman Melville got his inspiration -
an awkward film that went too 30 mins too long.
I still prefer "Master and Commander on the Far Side" (a Peter Weir film)

Finding Vivian Maier

This one came out of left of field. I know zero about this woman or this film. I borrowed this from the local library. Quite a remarkable story. Aside from the astonishing life of this woman, is the fact that her entire story would have been completely unknown if it wasn't for a chance purchase of her belongings in a storage shed auction. The film is basically told by the fellow who bought her belongings at the auction. This is true life cinema. Recommended. No explosions here.

10981732-1413201476-495571.jpg

My Saturday.
images
51AhfnN47xL._SY445_.jpg
Screenshot from 2018-08-20 10-16-10.png

Land of the Dead (2005)
Pretty decent zombie flick. Despite having a larger budget and some moderately big name actors, it just didn't have the magic that George Romero's original "dead trilogy" did, though. (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead for those that don't know)

Rats: Night of Terror (1984)
Semi entertaining Italian horror/exploitation cheese fest. Combine The Road Warrior and Night of the Living Dead, and substitute the zombies with rats.

Was that any good? Anymore I'm leery of the Jackass-type movies as that whole thing (and the health of the guys in the show) peaked a decade or more ago.
Dumb humor but cute and funny too. Sweet little story because it is him as a grandfather telling the story to his grand daughter.

If you have not yet seen it, one funny movie with Johnny is a Jon Waters film with his crew, Tracy Ullman, and Chris Issac. It is called A Dirty Shame
The trailer doesnt quite do the movie justice
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365125/

Yeah I saw that on video years ago. Been a big fan of Selma Blair ever since. I think I queued it up on Netflix with Pecker at the same time; good Waters double feature.

"K-PAX" (2001) Stars Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges

A Sci-Fi/mystery/fantasy in which Spacey is an institutionalized mental patient named Prot, who claims to be from a far-away galaxy. Bridges is a shrink who becomes fascinated with his patient.
IMHO, this film is way underrated. Check it out if you get a chance.

"K-PAX" (2001) Stars Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges

A Sci-Fi/mystery/fantasy in which Spacey is an institutionalized mental patient named Prot, who claims to be from a far-away galaxy. Bridges is a shrink who becomes fascinated with his patient.
IMHO, this film is way underrated. Check it out if you get a chance.
I saw that too. Intriguing, and a good performance by Spacey. Shame about him -- I always enjoyed his work.

Back
Top Bottom