What was the last movie you watched?

The Lost Continent (1968)
(Eric Porter, Hildegard Knef, Suzanna Leigh)

This film starts out like the Love Boat on acid, as a cast of varied characters, with various issues, take Captain Eric Porter's leaky cargo ship to escape their troubles. When a violent storm strikes, the ship is swept into the Sargasso Sea and our heroes find themselves trapped on an island of man-eating seaweed, populated by giant monster crabs and some Spanish conquistadors who think the Inquisition is still on. Features songs and music by '60s "cool group", the Peddlers. - IMDb

My thoughts .......
g053.gif
c042.gif

Eegah (1962)

With Richard Kiel as a horny caveman and the best soundtrack you ever heard. :rolleyes:
Seen this movie 4 or 5 times in the last 25 years or so. Pretty campy but I always end up singing the songs from the movie for at least a week every time I watch it.

MV5BODBiNjNmN2EtODFmNS00ZWEwLTliOTktYWRlOTc0MWQ3NzQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc4Njg5MjA@._V1_.jpg

Blair Witch Project,,,,, again last night,,, still don't get what happened, but if they shut that girl up, it was a good movie!!!!,,

Apocalypse Now
(Coppola, 1979)

* Nice Blu-Ray HD rip. Gorgeous tones, esp. considering how "dark" and/or "gray" @ much of the film's 'settings' / 'scenes'. A powerful statement ew: 'Nam, but perhaps more powerful still re: Afghanistan, Iraq, and "things militaire" happening today?

And also things that may have happened in the past, perhaps not even involving Americans at all; after all, the movie is inspired by the novella Heart of Darkness (1899) by Joseph Conrad.

For the most part, have only appreciated the first layer of this epic. After a couple of viewings, starting to realize that there's more to it than I thought. :idea:

Will have to get a hold of that "Heart of Darkness", then watch "AN" once more.

Q

Black Panther. Hmmmm. Guess I’m just not into movies that resemble testosterone-fueled video games for teenage boys.

For the most part, have only appreciated the first layer of this epic. After a couple of viewings, starting to realize that there's more to it than I thought. :idea:

Will have to get a hold of that "Heart of Darkness", then watch "AN" once more.

Q

Apocalypse Now Redux, the extended version, amplifies the growing weirdness of the journey even more.

"The Company You Keep" (2012) An all-star cast, Robert Redford also directed & produced

A `60s radical (Redford) who has been under for 35 years gets discovered by a young newspaper journalist chasing the tail of another story, and in the process, many twists and turns become evident.
This is a pretty solid piece of filmwork, but IMHO, lacks the drive that it`s stellar cast gave it the potential to deliver, but never quite met the goal. Still worth watching, though....
Redford, Shia LeBouf, Julie Christie, Brendan Gleeson, Stanley Tucci, Terrence Howard, and Anna Kendrick make worthy contributions to this film.

Sneak preview of Aquaman.
Interesting visual concept and production with an environment conscious center. Aquaman himself is a paragon of bodice-ripper cover hypermasculinity minus the implied agression.

Last edited:
"Bohemian Rhapsody "
Just saw it in the theatre... I was never a Queen fan, but the movie is superb.
...brilliant role by Mike Myers in it as well!

Back
Top Bottom