What was the last movie you watched?

View attachment 1381591

A raw feel to this flick really brings something that most pictures today seem to lack. Saw it in the theater back in '81 and only a few times since. The Criterion edition on Bluray is probably better looking than the original I saw back then.
One of my favorite Michael Mann movies - James Caan and a fine cast,
soundtrack by Tangerine Dream when they were at their peak! That Criterion Bluray looks great!

Also love Heat and Last of the Mohicans - tho there is a big group
convinced "The Keep" with T. Dream is his best ...

Paramount is shelving the fourth installment.
giphy.gif

I had an opportunity to borrow the DVD of Thor: Ragnorok from the local library today. I passed.
Wish I'd had your foresight. Unfortunately all I had was a brother that thought it was good.

[QUOTE="teal'c, post: 12326994, member: 235252]

Wish I'd had your foresight. Unfortunately all I had was a brother that thought it was good.[/QUOTE]

It is in the eye of the beholder I realise, but I consider that I have a superb 'bullshit filter'. Don't we all think that?

I never realised that this was a musical. As soon as the first note was sung, I hit the eject button.

La La Land is a musical and worth seeing, especially in a theater. Great soundtrack, including the instrumental numbers; I have both CDs. The same composer did "Whiplash", about music but without singing!

I like the first three Harry Potter movies best. After that they get darker. I like my fantasy to be fun, not dark. Life is dark enough.

I'm more into the music than the actual movies but I agree, the first three were my favorites as well. Just my opinion, but I think the best music is on the first three movies.

"Trumbo"
Excellent film about the blacklisting of film scriptwriters in post-WW II Hollywood, when people thought they saw Communists under every rug. Bryan Cranston is awesome as Dalton Trumbo, one of the more outspoken victims in the story. John Goodman, Elle Fanning, Louis C.K., Helen Mirren, and Diane Lane all make a great contribution to the film.

Solo. It's on Netflix and a good Star Wars movie. Certainly not the train wreck it was made to be.
I'd watch more of them, no problem at all. I think the guy playing Han did quite a good job, and certainly captured some of Harrison Ford's portrayals charisma.
Much better than I expected.

La La Land is a musical and worth seeing, especially in a theater. Great soundtrack, including the instrumental numbers; I have both CDs. The same composer did "Whiplash", about music but without singing!
No offence to you when I say this; They'd have to drag me there to watch that movie. If I wasn't aware that it was a musical and I was watching it, as soon as the first word was sung I'd either be walking out of the cinema or if at home, would be ejecting the disc. The same goes for The Greatest Showman(or whatever the title is). I like the old musicals and I draw the line there. Rogers and Hammerstein. Lerner and Lowe. Musicals of that era. I avoid the rest. I've not seen any Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals. I saw Jesus Christ superstar as a stage musical.

If other people like them, I have no criticism of appreciating Musicals. I'd just prefer to not watch the newer ones. I hope that doesn't offend anyone but that is the way it is.

Didn't know that. Not a bad number, either.

Just took "Thunder Road" as well in this night...surprized that I had missed this one along the way.

For it's time, not bad. Lots of action, with some flat spots, but the cars/music was OK! :thumbsup: The clothes were something. Never noticed that some guys hitched their pants up so high. And the slang of the time...

As per the music theme in the movie, this was discussed at the start of the movie, and they went over that Michum's original song wasn't sung by him and it was in a ballad format. The original that had hit the charts was in rock-a-billy format. I guess from the discussion, Robert took his music pretty serious. And he had a darn good voice at the time.

Q

Back
Top Bottom