What was the last movie you watched?

Of Human Bondage (1946)
(Paul Henreid, Eleanor Parker, Alexis Smith)

A medical student with a club foot falls for a beautiful but ambitious waitress. She soon leaves him, but gets pregnant and comes back to him for help. - IMDb

This version didn't score very high on IMDb (6.4/10), but then again, who cares! What do they know ...

I have also seen the version with Kim Novak (1964), both enjoyable but I prefer this version more, even though I'm a sucker for Kim Novak. The only version I haven't seen is from 1934 with Bette Davis.

After reading the book in high-school many years ago, I just wish I had paid more attention. Great story.

:thumbsup:

I rather liked The Greatest Showman, when my wife brought it home from the public library I was
a little afraid it'd be a nose-picker, but they really did a good job. The out-takes are fun to watch also...

Solo - A Star Wars Story
Solo. It's on Netflix and a good Star Wars movie. Certainly not the train wreck it was made to be.
I'd watch more of them, no problem at all. I think the guy playing Han did quite a good job, and certainly captured some of Harrison Ford's portrayals charisma.
Much better than I expected.

Agreed - we watched it last night - it didn't suck at all.
A Ron Howard movie - he pushed the right buttons!

I've skipped some of the newest movies Star Wars because they DID suck!

"Roma". A young woman is servant to a Mexico City family in 1970. By the director of "Gravity" but utterly different.

The movie is mostly about how her life goes from bad to worse along with that of the family and the country around them. Amazingly effective at putting you into the time and place. Very effective use of surround sound in the theater.

I admired it more that I enjoyed it as much of it is grim. My wife thought it was great and disliked "Gravity", so there you go.

"Everything Is Illuminated" (2005) (stars Elijah Wood)
This film turned out far better than I had originally expected. A young man (Wood) journeys to Russia, to seek out a woman who saved his Grandfather from being executed by the Nazis many years ago. His quest is extremely enlightening, not only to himself, but to several other Russians who help him along the way.

Got snowed in today, Emma is home from church due to the fluBug and I may be getting it as well.
So we sat in, watched the snow fall, and played Doctor Zhivago DVD this afternoon ...

giphy.gif

Apocalypse Now

Been running on NetFlix lately, so what the heck. Robert Duvall is a local around these parts, too.

Watched "The Revenant" last night.

Great scenery. Attention to time period costumes/gear. A fair bit of action. :thumbsup:

But, it seemed a Bruce Willis-type movie on steroids, with a way too long plot.:thumbsdown:

But Leonardo did win an academy for this movie...so what do I know?

Q

Mongol (Монгол)
(Bodrov, 2007)

* U.S. release was titled Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan, but I opted to watch the original Russian release.

814v+V74jML._SY445_.jpg
I don't do politics but I thought I'd give this a go last night having not lived in the UK for 13 years now (emigrated to oz) and not really getting a feeling of what the country went through and is still going through.A made for tv film,i think it really shows what modern politics is all about.
Cumberbatch is great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom